12: Why?

Chapter Twelve

David Russell's P.O.V.

"If you do anything bad to her, I will kill you," Jason said, dangerously low, as we waited for Sophia and Nieva to come back from the restroom.

I smirked at how ridiculous that sounded.

He thought I was going to do bad things to her? I mean, I know I was a womanizer, but that doesn't mean I force them to do things with me. That's their own will.

"What makes you think that I'd do anything bad?" I asked, taking a sip from my drink.

"I'm just warning you," he shrugged, taking a sip from his drink.

"Don't worry about it," I replied.

After a few seconds of silence, Jason sighed and turned to me. I raised an eyebrow and he gave me an annoyed look.

What the hell did I do to him?

"Why do you have to get married so fast?" he questioned.

I looked away from him and played with the rim of the glass that my drink was in.

"I'm learning the reins to our business. I had to marry before I could take over," I shrugged, looking at him.

"Look, I know that there's more to it than that," Jason shook his head, taking another drink from his glass.

I looked up to see if Sophia and her sister in law was back yet. I didn't see them, so I turned back to Jason.

"Your parents wanted Sophia to be in good hands when she gets married. Since I needed to get married in order to take the reins and they wanted Sophia in good hands, our parents just put us together. That's as much as I know," I explained, taking another drink from my glass.

Jason muttered something under his breath and finished his drink. I finished mine after him and grabbed two more as a waiter walked by us. Then I handed one to him.

We stood there in silence as we waited for our wives.

About five minutes later, they came back. Sophia's eyes were slightly red and puffy, but she still looked beautiful. Nieva smiled politely at me and I gave her a slight nod before I wrapped an arm around Sophia's waist.

She tried to casually pry my fingers away from her waist, but I held onto her tighter, pulling her closer to me. She finally gave up as I kept my firm hold on her.

As the night went on, we stood next to each other in silence and thanked those who congratulated us. I grabbed another glass of drink every time that I finished the one I was holding. Sophia kept on glancing at me as I took a sip from my glass.

"Maybe you should stop drinking before it gets out of hand," she said softly, looking away.

"I'm not a lightweight. It's okay," I replied, grabbing another drink from the waiter.

"That's your fourth one," she said, taking it out of my hands and frowning at me.

"Baby Girl," I began.

She held the glass to her lips and my eyes slightly widened before I grabbed the glass from her hand.

"Don't drink it," I shook my head.

"What's wrong with me drinking?"

"I just don't want you to," I replied, taking a sip.

She grabbed a glass as the waiter walked by and took a sip before I could stop her.

"Sophia," I groaned.

"It's not only your wedding night. I should be able to celebrate too," she retorted, taking another sip.