Chapter 14

When the teacher told us it was 5 minutes before the bell rang, we were both surprised.

Talking to him is so easy. I don't typically take to people easily, but with him it just came naturally.

We cleaned up and packed our art away.

When the bell rang, he grabbed my hand. I looked up at him as he led us outside.

I gave him a shy smile and he gave a toothy grin.

I felt so comfortable with him, and I can't believe it's only been one day.

When we reached Vee she was standing by her car.

I opened my door and turned to Shane. He was right behind me.

I looked up at him and he looked down at me. He was much taller than me, at least a couple inches.

"I'll see you tomorrow" he said.

I nodded my head, "see you tomorrow" I said softly.

I got in the car and he closes it for me.

Vee got in, but not before yelling a goodbye to Shane.

Shane walked over to his car, but kept watching us as we pulled out.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Vee looked at me with a curious look on her face.

"What? What's with the look?" I questioned her.

"Nothing, just wondering if you were gonna tell me what's up with you and Shane now" she quipped.

I sighed. I honestly didn't know what was going on with us. We just met today and I didn't understand my feelings.

"I don't know. I just know that I like him. A lot. He's a great friend. And we've only known each other for one day" I tried to explain.

"And it doesn't hurt that he's hot too" she said with a grin.

"That's true" I laughed with her.

"No but seriously hun, I don't know him very well, but I think you should see where your friendship goes" she says.

I love my best friend, she has always been supportive and always looked out for me.

"I want to see where it goes" I confessed, not being able to hide my smile.

She just looked over at me and smiled back.

When we reached home we went to the kitchen to eat dinner.

We ate and went upstairs to finish our homework. After we were done we hung out and talked about school, until Vees parent said it was time to come home.

She lived right next door, so it wasn't a big deal that it was late.

When I was settled in my bed and ready to sleep, I thought of Shane.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face and was excited for school tomorrow.

13k reads!! Thank you guys so much for reading my story. :D