3 # Melinoe

Hi all,

Yet to catch up on comments from the previous chapter, but here is an update.

Happy reading. Do let me know your thoughts.

----------------------------------------------------------

Everyone has ghosts, deaths that you regret

---------------

How's Sanskaar?

As they walked back into Mansion, This simple question by Parineeta further escalated the gloomy mood of Maheswari 's they carried from the hospital. Parineeta' smile died down at glare of Adarsh hinting something was wrong. She looked at Annapurna who signaled her to follow and Parineeta did with no questions.

"Do we need to find her, Papa?" Adarsh asked in a low tone. Durga Prasad stared at him in silence.

"Do we have an option, Adarsh?"

Adarsh had his answer.

---------------

That night Adarsh quietly listened to Parineeta's blabbering about the sad turn of events as per details shared by Annapurna.

"So who is this girl? No one in the family seems to know her. Very strange isn't it, Adarsh?"

Adarsh nodded, lied back on the bed and closed his eyes. Parineeta sighed.No wonder whole family was upset, her husband is no exception. She just wished things would soon fall into place. The light went off other than little bed lamp casting its shadow across the room. Adarsh slowly opened his eyes.

'No one seems to know her'

That would be a lie. Everyone does.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Bakshi never felt this troubled and guilty. He had no clue his simple question would push Sanskaar to such a state of hysteria and he had to be heavily sedated to calm. The test reports and scans only pushed him closer towards his assertions on condition of Sanskaar.

The reports indicated a damage to brain structure: the limbic system, the portion of the brain that deals with emotions, memories, and stimulation. No wonder He had trouble recollecting memories, memorizing people and his emotions: He would term the volatile ranging between extremes. Calm at times, violent at others.

His attempts get Sanskaar talk had been moderately successful and all he would talk was of Shona. He would claim she would come for him as she loves him. She was angry hence the delay. This was the one thing he would repeat over and over as if he was trying to convince himself and didn't want to encounter any unpleasant truths.

All and all 'Shona' is key. There were no further inputs from Maheshwari family, Sanskaar didn't add up any.

It was then Dr. Bakshi asked if he could make a sketch of Shona. That triggered something unexpected.