"You're right, I don't and I'm glad that you're happy. Lafayette is a great guy and he's good for you. But I don't want you both to get hurt because you're rushing this relationship to try and get over your feelings for James."

"Yeah, okay. I do have feelings for James, but I have been waiting for something to happen between us for years and nothing has. I can't keep waiting for him to like me, because if I do, I'm going to be miserable for the rest of my life."

"How come it's okay for him to go through girls like they're cassette tapes, but I can't have a single fucking boyfriend without people saying that I'm using him as a rebound from a boy that I never even dated?!"

Lily was silent, a guilty look on her pale face. I felt a strong sense of pride in my performance, but kept an aggravated expression on my face.

"Now if you're finished critiquing my life choices, I have to get to class." I said sassily and it took everything in me not to laugh my ass off and tell her about the plan.

To prevent myself from spilling everything, I stood up from my seat and gathered my things. I abruptly walked away and waited until my face was out of her sight, to let a full blown grin to appear on my lips.

••••••••••••••••

I sat in my usual seat in Potions, doodling a little tree on my paper as I waited for class to start

I heard the sound of someone pulling the stool beside me out and sitting down. I didn't bother looking up, because I just assumed that it was Marlene.

"That's an impressive drawing, Nora." The sound of the familiar masculine voice made me tense slightly.

"Thank you, James." I said politely with a clenched jaw.

"Norie, can we talk?"

"We are talking, James." I stated flatly with a sarcastic eye roll.

"I want to apologize." He said nervously, making me finally look up at him. I gave him a nod and he continued. "I know that it's probably too late for an apology, but I can't lose the only person that keeps me sane."

"I know that I've been a massive prick to you and no excuse can justify that. But I need the girl who can light up a room with her smile and can make anyone laugh at her horrible puns. I am so fucking sorry for everything."

"Please, please forgive me, Norie. I need my best friend back."

I was tempted to turn him down and be shamelessly petty, but I decided otherwise. I let out a sigh as a small smile formed on my lips. "I forgive you, Jamie."

••••••••••••••••

 "What's with the long face, T?" I asked the frowning Ravenclaw as I sat next to him at the Gryffindor table at dinner, where we were meeting the others

"Nothing, Little Red." He said laying his head on my shoulder. "Just tired."

"Do you want to head up to bed early? I can tell the others that you were too tired to meet up." I suggested, running my fingers through Timothée's curls in a soothing manner.

"No, it's fine. Besides, I want to meet this Olivia girl. That way we can talk later about how much more of a catch than her, you are." Tim stated jokingly, making me laugh.

"You, Timothée Pierre Lafayette, are too good for me." I told my best friend / fake boyfriend, placing a kiss on the crown of his head.

"Hello, lovebirds!" Sirius greeted as he, Remus, and Peter joined us.

"Hello, Paddy. Hello, Rem. Hello, Pete." I greeted them all with a smile.

"Lily should be joining us a bit later, she went to go ask Professor Slughorn a question about Potions." Remus told Tim and I, to which we both nodded in understanding. "James is currently giving Olivia a pep talk in the hall. She's terrified that you won't like her and won't accept her into the group."

"We told her not to worry, because you like everyone." Sirius admitted with a laugh.

"Except for a majority of Slytherins, a handful of Ravenclaws, and a few Gryffindors." I added honestly with a shrug and a grin.

"Don't I know it." Timothée spoke up, lifting his head from my shoulder to grin at me. "Constantly complaining, this one is."

"I'd watch your mouth if I were you, handsome." I teasingly warned, playing with his hair again.

"But I've already got you to watch it for me, Beautiful." He joked with a wink, before lightly pecking my lips.

"Wow, the two of you are actually really cute."