•S•

"Hey Li Ming" Chenle's sweet voice broke her attention towards the books

"hey" she said, Obviously awkward. 

"So you wanna hang out?" He asked, twiddling his thumbs.

This is just a dare he's following it's not genuine. 

"Why all of a sudden, I mean you never talked to me, why now?" she asked knowing the obvious answer, but still choosing to hurt herself further.  

"I just want to know you better, I've always noticed you, and didn't have the guts to ask you out" he said, smiling at her.  

It's fake.

she had to remind herself before she nodded. 

"Meet me by the school gate after classes" He says, ruffling her hair and walking away

Blood gushed out of Li Ming's system, she breathed heavily, barely keeping her self together in the bathroom. 

she lays lifelessly on the dirty floor, closing her eyes, wanting nothing but to only pass out. 

She remembered, she knew she had promised chenle so somehow she stood up, walking over to the sink, wiping herself clean. 

Swinging her bag on her shoulder, she ran. 

"Sorry I'm late, let's go" she says, still trying to recollect herself. 

"How'd you know I like boba?" Li Ming asks, smiling. 

"Because it is mine too, and whatever you like, i like heh" he chuckles, looking the most adorable. 

"caramel boba for my date" Chenle says, giving Li Ming her drink. 

She smiled in glee, as her face turned crimson. 

she had never imagined to be in the position she was right now. 

They talked a lot, so much, that it was the most happy Li Ming ever felt in a very long time. 

Chenle was just so full of love and positive energy, it's impossible to not like him. 

"Thank you for today Chenle, I had fun" was the first thing Li Ming said upon reaching her house. 

Chenle smiled, bright, he gently placed a kiss on her cheek. 

Her heart jumped, and it fluttered right against her chest. 

she wished it was genuine 
she wished he had actually liked her

But life doesn't go the way you want it to.

it never does.