• [ II ] •

Lucie POV

I felt the warm light of the sun on my face. This nice feeling on my face remind me that I didn't belong in this fake paradise full of hypocrit. I slowly open my eyes, letting the strong sunlight came into my eyes. I heard my phone vibrate and took it to see what it was. It was one missed phone call from my mother, and a text from my one and only friend, AMBER!! (Yay!)

Just the thought of my mother revived the wounds in my skin. When she used the belt to hit me until the blood was dripping on the white skin of my shaking body, watching me, crying and sobbing with a satisfied smile and pleasure.

Flashback

She took me by the arm and dragged me to the 'Dark room'. I was screaming and begging my mother to not go to the 'Dark room'. Just before we entered dear room, my stepfather came, he looked pretty annoyed when he saw me.

"Honey, what are you doing? We have something planned for tonight!" he said slightly angry.

"Don't worry sweetheart, I'm gonna teach this little shame a lesson, it won't take to long, wait for me outside." she replied with her sweetest and angelic voice to stepfather.

He nodded and leaved me and my mom together. She turned her to me again, open the door and pushed me inside.

"Now little s---, it's just the two of us, b----." she said while grabbing the belt that was on the ground.

Has she approached me, I started to move backwards automatically.

"Come here!" my mom cold and sharp words scared me and I stated to shake.

"Come here, you f---ing b----!" she continued and grabbed my wrist to hit me.

I then started to cry and yell at her.

"Eomma! Please stop! Please, I did nothing wrong!" I screamed while crying really loud, the tears streaming down my cheeks non-stop.

But she wouldn't listen to me. She would lift the belt and then hit me. And the more I cried or screamed, the harder she hit. When she finally stopped, my clothes were soaked in a red liquid, my own blood. She throw the bloody belt on the floor and locked me inside the 'Dark room'.

It was a small room, without window nor lights. The floor and walls were cold, and the smell of fresh blood was in the air. All my body hurts, but my heart hurts the most. Sometimes, I would just let the tears fall down my cheeks. This room scared me. I was alone, in the dark, without anyone to comfort me. I could passed hours in this room before my mom or my stepfather unlocked the door and let me out.

End of flashback

I slowly sat up in my bed and took my phone. I unlocked it and go to my message.

Llama: Wassup unnie! I heard you come in Korea for five month, we should hang out some time.

Me: We can hang out this week! I have this week without work before my schedule start. I will tell my assistant.

I responded to her. I really missed the time passed with her. I put my phone back on the bedside table, and went to my suitcase to pickup clothes.

I took a black ripped jeans and a white blouse. Put earrings (image above) and wear red simple heels. I went back to where the bedside table was and took my phone. I checked my message to see if Amber texted me, but it seems that she's busy, let's wait for her answer. I then call my assistant, who was the suit next to mine, to make sure that my schedule started the next week.

"Hello, Alice?" I said through the phone.

"Yes Lucie?" she answered.

"When do my schedule start?"

"*sign* How many times do I have to tell you! It's the next week, I left a post-it on the fridge." she replied.

I went to the little kitchen and saw a pink post-it.

"Oops haha, thanks 😁!" I said and hung up.

I put my phone in my pocket, grabbed my black jacket on leather and exited my suit, went on the elevator and arrived at the lobby and got out of the hotel. The weather was amazing, the sun was high in the sky without clouds. I started to walk on the street, admiring the city. As I was walking, I found a coffee and decide to enter and take something to eat since I hadn't eaten yet. I pushed the door open, and the sounds of a little bell signalised a new customer, and the cashier automatically turned her head towards me with a big smile on her face. The warm smell of coffee and of the pastry was in the air. I went to the counter to order.

"I will take a cappuccino with a donuts flavor vanilla, please." I ordered.

The cashier told me the price to pay, and I handed her my credit card and paid. She told me to take an empty table and that my order will arrived soon. I smiled, and turned around to find myself an empty table. I found one at the back near the widow and went there. As I was waiting for my order, I looked through the window. Outside, friends, family and couple were walking on the street laughing, talking. The whole city was filled with a feeling of safety and happiness, feelings that I never had the chance to experience. I was deep in my thought when my order arrived.

"Here your order miss." said the waiter before leaving.

I took a sip of my cappuccino and I bite of my donut, it was so delicious. After finishing my little breakfast, I saw a white Grand piano in the cafe. Nobody was playing, so I went to sit in the chair, ready to play. I put my fingers on the key, and started to play Lettre à Élise of Beethoven.

My hands were moving by their own through the key. As I played, everything around me disappeared to be replaced by a black familiar empty room. The smell of humidity was strong, and some tears escaped my eyes has I remember this room, and a shiver ran down my spine.

When my hands stopped moving, I wiped away the few tears in my eyes. Has I was about to get up and exit the café, I was surprised to see a crowd of people around me clapping and taking videos or pictures and complementing me about the beautiful representation I gave. I stand up and bowed to the crowd, and rapidly exited the café.

I was peacefully walking in the city when my phone started ringing. I picked up and answered.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hello darling, it's me."

The instant I heard the voice of the interlocutor, my eyes went wide and I froze.