iv) Parietibus aut Lacundaribus

Start from the beginning

'Oh?'

'Moriya-san, have you ever seen me manage to lift more than my school bag without any difficulty?'

'...Actually, no, now that you mention it.' The woman hedged.

'And you expect me to put up a fight in hand-to-hand situations without my quirk?'

'Well... maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to take up self-defense classes?' Moriya offered up in suggestion, much to Zinnia's disbelief. 'You know, for instances like these.'

'Sure, if I had a time-turner at my disposal, I might.'

'Time turner?'

'It's a book reference... Please forget I said anything.'

A remarkably confused Moriya slowly nodded her head in response.

'Okay... well, you're heading home soon, correct?' The nurse began as she lifted a large yellow envelope from her clipboard and set it down onto the table in front of Zinnia. The telltale clinking of what sounded like coins echoed briefly from the contact, and Moriya smiled brightly as Zinnia cast her a small frown. 'I emptied all my boxes today, and it looks like you got a few letters.'

'Moriya-san... I told you it's not necessary.' Zinnia sighed as she leaned forward to lift the remarkably large and weighty envelope from the tabletop. 'I'm here by choice.'

'Yes, but you work anywhere up to forty hours a week, and you don't get paid for it.'

'That's what volunteering is.'

'Yes, but there's nothing wrong with me putting donation boxes at all the counters!' Moriya responded with a broad grin. 'And no matter what you say, I'll be keeping them out for the whole time you're volunteering here! I have Seiya-sensei's approval on the matter!'

There was no reasoning with this woman.

But even so, Zinnia was at least thankful.

Eventually, Moriya had returned back to the Emergency Ward, leaving Zinnia to pick up her belongings and make her way outside. It was a taxing endeavour in a sense that had her feet feel like there were weights attached to them, and her arms to hang loosely by her sides. She half contemplated stopping by the supermarket on her way home to buy the odd few bits and pieces she needed for the house, like milk and more eggs, but before she could really plan too much, she spotted a familiar form waving at her through the sunset-stained cityscape.

A wild Kirishima appeared, grinning amicably as he crossed the street to catch up to her form ambling out from the front doors of the hospital.

'Hey Zim!' The redhead called, slowing to fall in stride with the small girl as he caught up. 'You're leaving early. Is it a good day in there, or something?'

'No, Seiya-sensei didn't want me to work any more today.' Zinnia answered with a small sigh. 'I was meant to be gone earlier, but Moriya-san kept me back.'

'Ah, I see.' Kirishima chuckled lightly before ruffling Zinnia's hair with a large hand, which drew a sigh from the girl as she tried to swat him away. 'So! Were you really wanting to head home already? Or were you going to kick around some more?'

Zinnia hedged, thinking as the two of them continued down the street.

Honestly, she didn't know if her siblings were home today, and if they were, she wanted to avoid them. Going home didn't do her any necessary good other than, well, sleeping. And she was tired, but she figured she could sleep anywhere, really.

She wasn't picky.

'I'll take your silence as the latter, then.' Kirishima chuckled lightly as he took his hand away from Zinnia's ruffled hair. 'Well, want to grab a bite to eat? Class was mad again, today, and I feel like unwinding for a bit.'