9

Jim looked at me with concerned eyes as I asked for another cup of beer. He nodded not wanting to upset me. I laughed a little bit, Jim was a funny guy. While I was waiting I decided I could crack open the Bombay. I had only had Bombay once and that was in middleschool. I cranked the lid until it came off and was delightfully suprised at the smell of coconut drifting from the bottle. I didn't hesitate to bring the bottle to my lips and begun drinking it. It didn't taste like coconut but like alcohol wipes, it burned more going down. I swear it was liquid fire. Halfway through I had to take a breath because the heat in my chest became unbearable. That break lasted all of 30 seconds. I fished the bottle off and put it next to the Whiskey bottle. Jim came out with a beer for me. This is probably when I got drunk.

My head started fogging up, my eyes burning with exhaustion, every nerve in my body suddenly sprang to life telling me I wasn't tired, my body was suddenly only concerned with getting more alcohol.

"Hijim." I slurred as he handed me the cup.

"Hi?" He asked quizzically.

I giggled and took a swig of the beer.

A man I didn't recongnize hopped over the counter and gave Jim a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey babe." The stranger said perkily.

"Hey." Jim answered slipping his arm around the man's waist.

"Oooooooooooo Jimhasaboy hic friend." I joked spilling some beer onto the counter.

Jim looked at me and laughed.

"What?" I asked him.

"I haven't seen you this drunk in awhile." He said.

I laughed back before chugging the rest of the beer. Before I could ask for another he was already placing one on the counter space in front of me. I put my chin on my arms and watched as the cup condensated. 

Jim's boyfriend who's name I learned was Simon was red in the face in minutes.

"What a light drinker, two beers and he's drunk."  I thought to myself.

I watched as Simon began placing kisses all over Jim's face. Jim only laughed and hugged the smaller boy in return with a smile. They were cute I'd admit. I finished off my beer and placed a 100 on the counter for Jim. His eyes widened, "I can't take this your total was only 40."

"Keep the change." I told him.

He looked at me, then the money, then me, then the money, and once more at me before taking it into his hand. I looked to my right to see a nice looking girl. I made my way to her before sitting next to her. She was beautiful, she had short black hair, bight grey eyes, fair skin, freckles littered across her nose, and pink lips to compliment. She looked at me with a perfectly sculpted brow raised.

"Hey," I said suddenly sober.

"Hi," She answered quietly looking down at her Maragarita.

We talked for a little while before the alcohol started getting more into my head.

"Do you wanna come over?" I asked slurring some of the words.

She laughed before slipping a piece of paper under by hand, "I don't do one night stands."

And with that she left me in a bar with my mouth wide open and her number on a small piece of napkin.