Chapter 18 - Feelings

Start from the beginning

"I.."
Sam perks softly. I inhale and gather my strength. I just felt so mentally exhausted right now.
"I'm sorry for lying to Aaron.. about us not being together. I.. I thought he was just curious and wouldn't literally ask you on a date" I spoke. Now, tears strolled down my cheeks as usual. Sam squeezed me a little bit, like the way you squeeze the other's hand while holding them to comfort the other. I closed my eyes, until Sam parted the hug softly and looked into my wet eyes.

"We both did some things we regret"
I sniffle, and nod. Unable to speak right now.
"So let's push this behind us and be completely honest with each other from now on" Sam offered. I smile, as I was about to wipe my eyes. However, Sam was faster than me and wiped away the tears from my cheek. Smiling at me as well. That's when I leaned forward and placed my lips upon his. I've been urging to do this the whole morning.

We remained kissing by the kitchen counters, and Sam wasn't mad at all about it.
That's how I knew he was being honest. That he loved me and not Aaron. It made my whole body warm.
And I smile as I part the kiss.

"I love you, Colby. Nobody else"
"I believe you. I love you too, so much"

SHORT Third person's P.O.V (meaning "my" P.O.V)

As Sam and Colby was making amends, the third person who was involved in yesterday was spying at them from the stairs. Aaron's eyebrows were furrowed in a hurt way, and when they kissed, he legit walked back upstairs and to his room. Isolating himself in there.

Aaron's P.O.V

I've been with Sam almost his entire life.
I fell in love with him the third week knowing him, and I always believed there might've been something between us. Apparently I was wrong. For 19 entire years.

I plopped my butt down on the chair in front of my computer and decided to play some fortnite. Just to get my mind off the gutter and try to make sense of the whole situation.
Sam just happens to fall in love with a criminal, used-to-be homeless and a so-called gang leader.
This was still not connecting to me. However, I couldn't do anything about it.
If I could wish for one thing however, I do wish I could've gotten a chance.
A chance to fall in love with him and have him feel the same way. I knew it's impossible.
But I can still dream.

I soon heard how footsteps walked upstairs. I recognized them. It was Sam and Colby, walking back to their rooms together. I sighed, and decided to turn the computer off to go and make myself some food downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and put on the stove, then did some food for myself. As I was doing this, I spot Corey walking downstairs. He stops when he spots me.

"You doing alright my dude?"
"Uhm, yeah. Sure"
"Aaron?"

I grit my teeth and felt how a sudden anger raised within me.
"Just mind your business Corey!" I accidentally yelled.
Corey was taken aback, then nods once with the most stone-faced expression and walks away to go to Devyn. I sighed, and ran a hand through my hair. I then disappointingly returned to make the food.

I'm not alright.
I want to hide and never come out.
The rejection from Sam's side at that "date" we had repeated inside my mind.
It made me sad, but I had to stay strong.

"Hey Aaron!" I suddenly heard. I slowly turned around at the sound of Sam's voice. He had approached me without Colby, and it made me feel slightly better. He was smiling at me back.

"Hi Sam.." I whispered, then returned to the food.
"About yesterday—"
"Please don't" I sharply interrupt. Remaining to stare at the food. I could feel the silence grow, and soon, I saw how Colby appeared and Sam smiling at him. Walking away with him to somewhere.

I turned the stove off and threw the food away.
I didn't really have an appetite right now.

Then I walked to the backyard and laid down somewhere where dog poop wasn't placed in the grass. Staring blankly up at the gray-ish sky. That's when I heard something that was out of place. Coming from behind me. A small snicker.

"You seem troubled.."

I was too exhausted to freak out, instead I sat up and looked behind me to see who it was.
My eyes widened, and I felt how every muscle in my body tensed up.
"I.."

In front of me stood that foul beast who attacked Sam.
What did Colby say his name was again?

"I could help you"

I furrowed my brows.
"Help me with what?"

"Getting Sam's heart"

My eyes widened and I shook my head heavily.
"I can't force his love upon me. Besides, he has Colby"

"Oh, Colby? He doesn't deserve love, dude. He's a horrible person" he spoke deeply.
My stomach knots as I heard those words.
How come I believed his words? Am I that desperate?

"But I can tell you're not. So what do you say? You could make Sam yours forever"

I stared at this dude, and his name finally popped into my head.
Brennen Taylor. A bad, very bad person.
"I.."
"I know you want him"

I look down at the ground.
Please forgive me, Colby.. Sam.

"Sure, I'll let you help me"

"Great doing deals with you~"

((it was a short chapter to start this book on again. But I felt.. that I have to continue this book. It's one of my first ever books. If you guys still enjoy my books, I can't disappoint you and stop. So here you have it! I did my best, haha 😅))