― t w e n t y. I Put a Spell On You

Start from the beginning

I sucked in air through my teeth, "Yeah? I'll go change later don't worry." I quickly drank the rest of my coffee.

     "Well that's a pretty necklace, I've never seen that before," he said, looking at my outfit, "Is that a Christmas gift?"

     "Yeah," I brought the necklace up to his face to read the engravings. He took the dog tag into his hands and read it.

"Hm. It's nice," he commented. "By the way," he added, "did you tell anyone about my medical bills?"

"Uh. . . Nope," I don't know why I lied. I have told Lzzy and Sweet Pea but why did that matter? "Why? What happened?" I continued to ask.

"Because it's been paid," he replied, "All $86,000 of it."

My mouth gaped open. Now how the fuck.

"S-so we're no longer in debt?" I asked.

He shook his head, "I guess not."

I did not know how to process this information. I laughed, "That's great news dad!" I went over and gave him a hug and kissed him on the cheek, "It's a fucking Christmas miracle!"

"Hey, language," he commented.

"How is it possible?" I continued to ask, laughing.

My dad shrugged, "Dunno. They call it an angel donation. It's anonymous, they wouldn't tell me who paid it."

I could not stop smiling and laughing, I probably looked like an insane person. All eighty-six fucking thousand dollars gone. Holy fuck. Damn, that means I pawned that necklace for nothing. But still! Holy shit!

     I went back up to my room and checked my phone for notifications. Nothing. Guess he isn't awake yet. I decided to take a shower and get changed while I wait. I came back to a missed call from Sweet Pea dated five minutes ago. I quickly called back the number.

     It rang once and was swiftly picked up at the other end.

     "Hey Kenna!" Somebody screamed into the phone. It was not Sweet Pea, sounded like Fangs.

     "Hi Fangs," I answered.

     There was some shuffling noises coming from the other end as if they were passing the phone around.

     "Hey Kenna," there was the familiar voice, sweet and gravely as though they just woke up.

     "Hi Sweet Pea," I replied. Gosh, I was twiddling my fingers like I was a middle school girl talking to their crush. "So Fangs is there?" I continued to ask.

     "Yeah," he replied, "He came over early in the morning and woke me up."

     "Your boyfriend's a sleepyhead!" I heard Fangs shout in the background on the other end of the line. It was then proceeded with Sweet Pea shouting back, "Bro, shut the fuck up," and some shuffling noises and laughter.

     I chuckled and shook my head even though they could not see it. These boys. So Ghost went ahead and told the entire village about us, love it.