Focus

"So then what do I do?" I ask blowing my nose.

"Cameron, what he did was pretty fucked up, and what you're doing to Taylor, is also fucked up. you're stringing him along, you're getting married soon." I shake my head.

"Taylor is going away for his movie and is coming back in the spring." carter sighs.

"Mel, you're gunna do what you want to do. I can't stop you. But listen, don't make the wrong decision. Just because someone changes, doesn't mean their past changes. Cameron and you, there will always be that odd tension. you know what he's capable of. maybe you're better off without either of them." I shake my head.

"I'm happy with Taylor." carter smiles at me.

"I know the real Mel, I know the real

Mel laugh, I know her real smile, I say this in the nicest way possible. but you're wasting Taylor's time." I let out a long sigh and stroke Zeus.

"I guess we'll see how you truly feel when Taylor has been gone for three months and you're all alone." I slide the dog off my lap and stand up.

"Thank you." I say and he shrugs.

"No problem, that's why I'm here for."

"You remember when I told you you didn't deserve Jodie." he scoffs

"How could I forget. And it's fine, I don't want her like that."

"You deserve someone carter, you just haven't found her yet." carter smiles.

"Mel go home, and go to sleep, stop forcing yourself to feel some type of way, if it's meant to be, then it's meant to be." I smile and walk outside.

Cameron's pov

"I just really needed some fries." nash says shoving a few fries into his mouth. I laugh and take a sip of my drink.

"What's up with you?" he asks and I shrug.

"Mel, that's what. The usual you know." Nash chuckles.

"She did good on your back at Disney, apparently you had her screaming." I roll my eyes but can't hold back my smirk.

"Don't I always, but Nash that's not the damn point. I'm in love with her and I fucking hate it." nash sighs and pats my back.

"Dude she's getting married. you gotta let it go."

"I can't just let it go, I made so many memories with her, she constantly is on my mind and no matter how many other women you throw at me, they won't be Mel." Nash nods

"Well of course, there is only one Mel, Cameron. You fucked her while her boyfriend was sick." I scowl at him.

"She came onto me and I didn't fuck her." Nash rolls his eyes.

"Cameron, if you want her back get her back." I laugh

"It isn't that simple Nash, I can't just walk up to her and ask her to take me back, trust me I've tried a thousand times." Nash shrugs.

"A thousand and one? Look I know how you were with Mel, and I fucking miss that Cameron. But you kinda screwed that up yourself. You pushed her away, and the expected her to just take you back dump all that drama down the drain." I lean my head back against the booth.

"Taylor. Is there and as long as he's there she's blinded." Nash's phone dings.

"Hey I think the fates are working in your favor." He slides his phone to me and I see he has a tweet pulled up.

"@taylorcaniff: guys, it's official, ima be filming for the new drama #maps, gunna be gone for at least 6-8 months."

I sit the phone down.

"Holy shit that's a long time." Nash nods and waggles his eyebrows.

"Go after her cam." I shake my head.

"Nash that's wrong and you know it, I'm not doing that. I cannot just walk into her house, he fucking proposed to her at Disney world, and got her a damned dog."

"So some other guy is making her dreams come true while you sit in the background and watch it all buildup in front of you." Nash grabs the check the waitress sets down and starts to pay.

"If you aren't going to act, then stop moping around and complaining. You have no other choice but to move on." Nash stands up and I follow.

"I guess if you do get Mel back you'll be mr. Steal yo gurl." I laugh.

"More like mr. Steal my girl back." I huff, Nash smiles.

"there's the attitude go get your girl back. My best friend is stealing his girl back." Nash yells in the parking lot. I laugh and get into our car.

"So what's step one?" Nash asks putting on his seatbelt.

"Nash you can't be serious?" He just looks at me. I rub the bridge of my nose. I open twitter and tweet.

@camerondallas: you can be my dirty little secret

Nash's phone dings and he reads the tweet. He smiles and looks up at me.

"Ahhhh back at it, YEET!" Nash yells smacking the steering wheel and turning on the car.

Sure yeah I wanted Mel back. I wanted to lay in bed at night and wrap my arms around her, and just know she's next to me. To wake up to her trying to make some different type of breakfast, that usually was a failure, and then id end up taking her out to IHOP or crackle barrel. Hell yeah I wanted her back.

But I wasn't about to go destroy the perfectly happy relationship she is in. It's selfish and she'd hate me even more.

So do I put that all aside and be selfish again?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's so short I didnt really have anything else that would fit into the chapter :(