Choices (Jungkook × Sujeong)

Start from the beginning

"Jihyo." I smiled. This. This feeling. I like it. But there's something weird.

"Good Morning!" She smiled and kissed me on my lips.

"Good Morning to you as well."

"I already brought the papers. Ryu Sujeong already sighed the divorce paper. The thing left is your signature and the both of you need to go to the court." She said.

"Don't worry. I got it." I replied. She handled me the papers and signed all of them. I already decided. I've been thinking this for the past 3 months and this is my decision.

"You still need to wait a month though."

I nodded. "Okay." And that day went smooth... as I thought.

A week passed and I never heard about Sujeong and any of her friends anymore. My friends are also not talking to me. Saying that they are busy and all. But I know that they are mad at me. They like Sujeong so much. Respectful, smart and kind.

Since it was weekend, I decided to stay at home since Jihyo has plans with her family and friends. I went through my things since the room hasn't been cleaned for a week already.

Then, I came across to Sujeong's closet. I took a deep breath and opened it. It was clean. Yein must have brought all of the things. But there was a huge box on the top shelf. I got curious and grabbed it. I put it on the bed and opened it. I suddenly felt the nervousness I had during our wedding. It was Sujeong's wedding dress. I clearly can remember how beautiful she looked on that dress. It made me shed tears that day.

There was more inside. A book. A book which she wrote stuff a lot. She never wanted me to read it that's why I never bother to know the content anyway. But because of my curiosity righy now, I opened it. It was her diary. No. Our diary. There a tons of picture of me and her woth simple captions. Mostly are the ordinary days but there are also some events that we had.

I didn't know I was sobbing already. God, I suddenly miss her. I don't know why but I felt that I need her right now. I nees her presence. Her smell. Her smile. Her laugh. What have I done?

Suddenly my phone rang,

"Hello?"

"Uhm, hi. This is Sujeong. I got an early notice from the court." Goodness, it's her.

I didn't know why but all the feelings way back the first day we dated came back. It hit me so hard.

I just got blinded by Jihyo. But my heart still yearns to Sujeong. My one and only. My wife. My half. My life.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I think it's good to go at the court on Monday so we can settle all of these."

I suddenly felt... undecided. Should I really go? Should we really break this marraige?

"Can we meet? Tomorrow?" I don't know why I blurted it out.

"I can't. I have plans tomorrow. I already have work. I'm sorry Jungkook."

I sighed. Please. I just want to see you.

"I'm hanging up now. See you on Monday, Jungkook. And... thank you, because of this I became even stronger." She said.

Please don't hang up, love.

"I--" I got cut off since she already hang up. "--love you."

Goodness. I still love her. I love her. I don't want to lose her.

Then I remembered, the letter. The one Yein gave me. I look for it on my tabke and it is still sealed. I hurriedly opened it. Read it with all my might. I couldn't help but to cry so hard. What have I done? Can she come back? Can I make it up to her? I'm such a jerk!