I am always here for you.

Joyce walked into my room, with a mysterious smile on her face. She had never been discreet like this before and I wondered what she was doing.

"Allison, please close your eyes," she said.

"For what?" I retorted with a questioning look.

"Just do it please," she looked amused.

As I closed my eyes, she ran to me and rapidly pulled my hair back in ponytail. She put something around my neck. I guessed it was a necklace.

"You can open your eyes, lovely. You look beautiful."

I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was Joyce; she was sitting face to face to me, smiling and gazing at me. That radiant smile, again.

We were looking at each other's eyes, with affection. Her beautiful deep gray eyes were fixing at mine, passionately. I could feel the warmth of her body approaching me, closer and closer...

"I love you," as Joyce finished this brief sentence, our lips touched.

I didn't react anything but kissing her. Her soft hands on my cheeks, my arms around her body. That night, we kissed.

When Joyce was going to leave, I took her hand and held her back.

"Please stay. I love you and I need you," I whispered in her ear.

She then carried me to my bed. I lay next to her and a cuddling session began.

I had never expected that one day, that I would happen to be in love with my best friend. I surely knew the fact that I loved her and we had been good friends since childhood, though I had never thought we would happen to be in love with each other. She was officially mine, and I promised I would never let her go.

She was lying here, and sleeping like a charming angel next to me. Oh this pretty, smart and perfect human being...

I looked at her, with confusion; I kissed her and I actually liked it, which was something I had never done before. I repeatedly whispered to her "I love You". I had never ever felt like what I was feeling at this moment, she made me feel something, something stronger and more powerful than friendship, something which I wasn't supposed to sense. We had known each other since our childhood but I had never been more strongly attracted to her than this moment.

Did it mean love?

And the word "lesbian" showed up on my mind...

Was I gay? Was Joyce gay? Since we were attracted to each other? Or was it just a phase? Was it only physical attraction? She had never revealed anything about her sexuality to me.

I thought I was questioning my sexuality, though I shouldn't have thought too much because I could easily be stressed.

I gazed at her again, with affection. I truly admired her. I believed that we were meant to be. I didn't think labels mattered that much.

I closed my eyes...

"Babe! Wake up!"

As I opened my tired eyes, I saw Joyce sitting next to me. She brought the breakfast to my bed.

"I hope you had a good sleep, didn't you?" She smiled.

"Yeah I did, especially when I'm with you," I smiled back at her.

I rapidly finished the breakfast and rushed to the bathroom to prepare to go to school.

*        *        *

We went to school, hand in hand and the crowd just glared at us with confusion and surprise, as if we were aliens. Worried, I held Joyce's hand even tighter and the fear of being teased and laughed at appeared in my head. People just started whispering and gossiping about us.