New Bodies (Chapter Twenty-One)

You watched as Freddy sat on the ground, still gripping on to your dead body. You had been watching him sit there and rock you slowly--all night--occasionally mumbling things to himself. You wished you could hug him and tell him you were right there with him. Bon-Bon whispered something and Freddy shook his head.

"Come on, Freddy. Get back on stage," Baby croaked, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Freddy hugged you one last time and carefully set your body down. He stood up and sighed shakily. Baby stood on her podium. Freddy turned around and walked towards the stage, his shoulders slumped and his head down. He stopped and looked back at your corpse as his ears twitched. You walked in front of him and looked up into his eyes as he looked down at his feet. Although he couldn't feel or hear you, you wrapped your arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"I love you, Freddy," you cried.

"Come on, Freddy," Ballora mumbled.

Freddy tried to move forward, but felt like something was keeping him in place. You sighed and leaned back to let go of him, but your arms and body stuck to him. You frowned as you struggled to pry your body from him.

"Freddy," Foxy complained.

"I'm tr-trying. I feel li-ike I'm moving, bu-ut I'm not," Freddy stammered.

"What do you mean?" Foxy griped.

"I ca-an't move," Freddy said.

You looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. You wondered if you were the cause. You put a foot behind you and breathed in. You closed your eyes and gritted your teeth as you pulled as hard as you could. You groaned as you fell backwards, something falling with you and on top of you. You propped yourself up with your elbows as you looked up. Upon seeing another Freddy, you blinked a few times, registering exactly what you were seeing.

"F-Freddy!" you stammered as your eyes glistened.

"(Y/N)?" Freddy looked down at you with wide eyes.

"(Y/N)!" Bon-Bon cheered, jumping at you and hugging your neck.

Freddy wrapped his arms around you tightly, hugging you. He laughed in relief into your chest. You sat up some more and hugged him back.

"B-but how?" he stammered.

"Apparently, I'm a ghost, but I don't know how you got here," you told him as you both stood up, Bon-Bon hopping off of you.

"Freddy? Are you okay?" Baby asked him.

You thought for a second, wondering how you had pulled Freddy out of himself. "Freddy, I have an idea, but I don't know if it will work. I'll need your help."

"Okay, what is it?" he asked.

"I'm gonna grab one of the animatronics, and then I need you to help me pull," you told him.

"Okay."

"Yoo-hoo!" Foxy sang.

"Ready?" you asked Freddy and grabbed Foxy's wrist.

"Yeah," Freddy said as you and him stood ready to pull.

"On 'go.' 3, 2, 1, GO!"

You and Freddy pulled as hard as you two could. You watched as it looked like Foxy's soul was being ripped out of his body. You fell back into Freddy and he put his wrists under your arm, catching and holding you. You looked up at him and silently thanked him. Foxy stumbled forward some, then gained his composure. Freddy pulled you up as Foxy looked up, confused.