1.9 | empathy

eric
sohn.

Empathy was what Kei felt at the time. She starts mumbling, " It's human."

We stopped and looked behind us. The child was probably tired and decided not to chase us anymore. I was so damn terrified. Imagine a baby doll with it's eyes all bloody and ripped, like Caroline or something. That's what the kid looked like.

Sunwoo's ears perked up. I saw his ears evolving into something, but he doesn't seem to notice. I gasp in shock and my eyes widened as big as saucers.

" Hey.. I hear something.. Really accurately too. Do you guys hear that? " Sunwoo asked the very traumatised Kei and the very shocked me.

His ears turn back into that of human's and I gasp again. Sunwoo frowns at me. " What's wrong with you? ".

" You.. Your ears looked like a fox's earlier," I admitted and he gasped. " Really?? ".

Sunwoo decided to listen closely again and Kei gasped even louder when she saw them evolve. " It's true! Sunwoo is a furry! ".

I cackled loudly, almost dying from laughter at Kei's joke. Meanwhile, Sunwoo is fascinated by his wolf-like ears to be roasting us. That's when his ears evolve again and he gulped.

Cold perspiration trinkled down his forehead as his ears evolved back. He stammered,

" He's coming, I hear him. We have to run."

Behind Sunwoo, we heard laughter. A child's.

Sunwoo turns behind slowl and reluctantly to see the child laughing humourlessly, smirking, before showing a sad face and pointing to Kei. " Help me, please," he slurred.

Sunwoo's aura completely changes and I see an outline of red outlined all over his body. His left eye turns red as he focuses on the child.

" I'm going.. into his brain. I can read his mind," Sunwoo explains.

" Quick question, how do you even know how to control your powers? I'm shook."

" I dunno."

Sunwoo gulps as he reads. " Kid's drugged. Words on his mind are sketchy and messy but I see the words " Help me " and " Kill "."

He continues to work before we start seeing changes to the child. For instance, we saw the kid smiling and then crying, as if it was glitching.

Sunwoo feels something stinging him and clenches his chest. " Shit. It found me. The drugs."

Oddly enough, Kei too clunches her jacket. " I feel something too, goddammit."

The child starts crying before we see a human kid crying in front of us. He looks at us in surprise before hugging me. " Help me!! Strange things were happening to me, i'm scared."

Then the words appeared in front of the boy.

TASK 1 STATUS : COMPLETED

Sunwoo collapses on the floor out of exhaustion and the boy glitched and left the game. Before he gllitched, I swear I saw something in the form of paper written on the floor where the kid was standing.

And I was sure it was 8m 697.

a/n
this chapter is so short i hate myself--
also hi anyone else excited or iz*one's debut?