Chapter Ten: Abigail Meets Molly

Start from the beginning

She heard Sherlock get up from the couch. She expected him to be pissed off that she had went through his phone. But he wasn't. He seemed quite happy. Excited, even.

"Brilliant!" he said, taking his phone from Abigail. "She's got it! Finally. Come along if you wish. I shouldn't be long. Just a quick trip to St. Bart's."

Sherlock pulled on his coat and scarf. Abigail followed close behind, grabbing her own coat, but made no effort to put it on.

"What has she got?" she asked.

"Remember my blood experiment?" Abigail nodded. "Well, I'm trying again. Fresh blood. I've known Molly for a while, she always supplies me with what I need."

"Wait, do you think that's a good idea? I mean, you just got your skull back."

"I've hid it. She'll never know where it is."

Abigail looked over her shoulder to examine the flat before smirking to herself. She knew exactly where Sherlock hid it. And Sherlock knew that.

"Don't you dare," he told her before descending the steps. She was hot on his trail.

"Don't I dare what?" she asked in an innocent voice.

Once he came to the bottom of the steps, Sherlock stopped (causing Abigail to almost run into him) and spun to face her. They were so close that Abigail could smell his cologne. She didn't remember Sherlock ever wearing cologne, but did it ever smell good.

Abigail fought the urge to kiss Sherlock right then and there and just kept his gaze.

"You know," he told her, his voice husky. Sexy, Abigail thought.

"Do I, Sherlock?" she teased, making her voice equally as seductive.

"You ought to stop playing games Abby."

"And if I don't William?"

Sherlock smirked at Abigail's use of his real name and at how well she could play this game. Abigail smiled back before brushing past him and out the door. She hailed a cab and the two climbed into the back. Sherlock gave the cabbie the address and they were off.

The ride was silent. Abigail had her head rested against the window. She felt a bit tired as she hadn't slept much the night before. She was up reviewing something for Sherlock. Most people would say no and go on about their lives, but Abigail had a weak spot for Sherlock. If he asked her to jump off a bridge, she'd jump.

Abigail began to doze off, only to be brought out of her daze by her phone. She rubbed her eyes and reached for her phone, accidentally pushing it off the seat. Abigail groaned and reached down to pick it up.

"I'll get it," Sherlock said and leaned down at the same time.

His hand brushed against Abigail's. His hand was cold against her skin, which caused her to pull her hand back quickly. Sherlock looked up at Abigail for a moment before grabbing her phone and passing it to her.

"Thank you," she said.

She checked the message. It was from Harry about John again. She decided to ignore it.

"Nothing of importance," she declared and put the phone in her pocket.

The cab pulled up to St. Bart's. Sherlock was out first and held the door open for Abigail. Abigail paid the cabbie and the two walked into St. Bart's.

"So, where are we going? I haven't exactly been here before," Abigail said.

"Just follow me. And don't worry, morgues aren't as creepy as they say they are in movies," Sherlock said.

"Who said I was worried?"

Sherlock looked down at Abigail and continued to walk. Sherlock led Abigail into a room. A woman stood over a body. She was zipping him in those black bags that were used when someone is killed and taken to the morgue.

When the door opened, she turned and smiled at Sherlock.

"Ah. Got my message I see," she said.

Abigail stood back, studying Molly from a distance.

-late 20s
-deceased relative; male; possibly father
-well educated
-has a crush on Sherlock

Abigail's eyebrows furrowed together at that last one. It made a bit more sense now that Molly would give Sherlock what he needs from St. Bart's when he asked. It was the same reason Abigail did whatever Sherlock wanted whenever he wanted.

Abigail was pulled out of her trance when Molly spotted her behind Sherlock and asked, "Who's this?"

"Friend of mine. Abigail Watson. Abigail, this is Molly Hooper," Sherlock said.

Abigail put on her best smile and extended her hand towards Molly. "Nice to meet you Molly Hooper."

Molly put on an obviously fake smile and shook Abigail's hand, but didn't return the greeting.

-doesn't like me

That one is obvious, Abigail thought to herself.