1: Scaring Valkyrie

The sunlight spilled through Valkyrie Cain's bedroom window. She squinted in her sleep, trying to block as much of it as she could. No use. She sighed, and threw her legs onto the floor. Her head ached, her back ached, her whole body ached. The work Nye did for her after the fight with Caelan on the pier left her a tad delicate.

She went into the bathroom, pulled her pyjamas off and stepped into the shower. The spray felt nice on her skin. She took a healing rock that Kenspeckle had given her, back when he was alve, and scrubbed it on her bruises. Soon enough they would fade away. She stepped out, wrapped herself in a towel and went back into her bedroom. Keeping her eyes on the floor, she walked to the mirror, looked up, and saw someone behind her. She screamed. Her parents were out for the day, so no one except her was home. Then she realised.

Skulduggery Pleasant.

"What the hell are you doing in here? You scared the bloody life out of me!" She screeched.

"Sorry. Not like I try to, though. You okay?"

"Apart from being scared half to death, yes. The bruising is going down."

"Ah, good. I never thought you were perticually pretty with a large blue bump on your head."

"Shut up."

"You gonna get dressed, or just stay in a towel all day?"

"What? It's the new fashion," She said sarcastically. "Well? Get out then."

Valkyrie knew that, if he had a face, he would be pulling one right now. But, all the same, he did as commanded, shutting the door behind him.

"Gonna tell me why your here?" She asked, drying herself off.

"Well, you know how I locked that armour away?"

She paused. "Oh God."

"So, we are going to find it." An idea popped into her mind.

"You know the rules. Hat pulled over eyes, no peeking, and definatly no complaining that I should be able to do it myself. Done?"

"Yes." She opened the door, and he flexed his hand. She was dried in an instant, so she pushed him out and shut the door. She went across the room to her mirror, where she tapped the glass. Her reflection sprung out, and immediatly started getting changed. Valkyrie did the same.

"We are going to see China." Skulduggery pronounced. There was an awkwered silence.

"So you forgive her?"

"Heavens no! I just need to ask her a few things." Valkyrie nodded. She fled the room in her leather, the reflection following.

"Listen. There are a list of chores mum has asked me to do downstairs, on the cabinet. Alice is at my grandmothers, and should be back in a few hours. Mum and dad are expected to be back around 10 o'clock. Bottles are in the cupboard if Alice gets tired. Okay?"

"Gotcha." The reflection smiled.

"Okay then. What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Valkyrie moved swiftly out of the door and towards the Bentley. Gorgeous car, it was. One of only 208 made. She stopped, frowned, and looked behind her. Before she could react, Billy-Ray Sanguine hit her square in the face.