Ch. 8 | A Sleepover To Remember | Part 1

Jaiden's POV

James and I soon arrived at the office after driving for hours.

I went straight to the DNA testing room and James followed after me. 

The smell from the bag was horrific but the excitement made any disgust bearable.

We needed this disgusting but very important clue to solve this case.

I felt excitement rush through me. This was it! This clue could be the end of this case.

I thought about that for a moment. I realized if this case ended...James and I wouldn't have to be partners.

I pushed away any sad feelings and thought to myself.

I mean I didn't even like him. He's my rival.

I felt someone tap my shoulder and it quickly snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hey. I've been calling your name for 5 minutes now. What's on your mind?" James asked in a concerned tone.

"Oh Nothing. Let's just get this plastic bag to the DNA testing room." I quickened my pace and headed for the testing room.

Once we arrived I saw Ms.White (Not Snow White XD) She smiled warmly at us and I handed the plastic bag over to her.

We headed out of the testing room and took the elevator all the way up to the lobby.

When Kate saw us get off the elevator, she bombarded us with questions as we desperately tried to give her answers.

"What happened?! Where were you Jaiden?! Where did you even go?! Did you find any clues?!" Kate questioned repeatedly.

"We went investigating at George Smith's House and yes we did find a major clue." I said hoping that those were the only questions.

Unfortunately, she wouldn't stop until she had every single piece of information.

"That sounds very...strange. It also sounds like you should probably stay over someone's house for a while. Until it's safe at least." Kate said worriedly.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Your window was broken by who knows what! It also happened right after that horrible dream. You aren't safe at home right now Jaiden." Kate said sternly.

"Kate, I'm a detective. I can take care of myself." I told her.

"Jaiden, I'm your best friend. You're not safe." Kate retorted.

We went back and forth until James sighed and shouted, "How about we have a sleepover?!"

We both looked at him.

"What?" We said in unison.

"Ya know. A sleepover. It could be fun! We can have it at my house. I mean if it's ok with you two." James said nervously, regretting shouting at the two.

Kate looked at me. Puppy eyes already turned on.

"Oh No! You can't make me Kate!" I exclaimed.

"Pleaseeeeeee!!!! I promise you'll have fun! You can even bring someone extra!" Kate said.

"No! No! No! I'm not going!!!" Kate still wouldn't take no for an answer. I knew she would bother me all day.

I also couldn't say no to her puppy eyes forever so I took the first person by the arm and said, "Fine! As long as I get to take..."

I looked over and saw Tony.

"Tony."

Tony was blushing wildly for some reason and said, "H-huh?"