No one spoke until we pulled up to the red-carpet event, a few camera people welcomed us as we stepped out which meant we had to pose. Any event with this woman's name over it turned out to be massive, she went above and beyond to put me to shame although she never personally directed it at me. It was more general however I knew she tried to knock me down.

And I tried to knock her down.

Like I said, the war between us was on-going and until she was gone, there was no way I would stop. 

"Mr Steals," my lips pulled into a smug smirk as the voice of my enemy found me right away. It felt very much like she awaited my arrival. She had the eyes of a hawk. She had to. Otherwise it would have taken her longer to spot me. The way she greeted me, the incorrect surname, didn't even surprise me. Never did I hear her call me by my actual name unless others were around.

"Miss Badminton," the name I had for her was always so much more stupid than the one she addressed me with. That was one area where it was impossible to beat her. She had 'Mr Steals' trademarked and it was her name for me. I, on the other hand, constantly had to find new ways to annoy her although it didn't work.

Not one time.

"Eh, guess I'm going to have to take that one," she lifted her champagne glass a little before she brought it closer to her lips and took a sip. Celia was meant to get me one, I wondered where she wondered off. "Sad to see you attend, yet another one of my events, on your own."

"You're one to talk," I fired back as my eyes watched her intensely. She placed her left arm over her stomach, the back of her hand under her right elbow which still held her drink. This action caused her arms to push her breasts up a little more, the tiny material that worked as her shirt, made out of silk, was inviting. She had a pair of dress pants on that matched her top perfectly. It must have been custom made for her, just like everything else she owned. "Never have I seen you with a man."

She smirked. She was happy to know. Her reputation was solid. She built it herself. She didn't need no one to rely on and everyone knew that. Even I did which makes me sound like I am very much up to date with everything there is to know about her. Though, that was false. These things were only a part of my knowledge because they were public.

Everyone knew this.

"Do I look like I need one?" she scoffed. As she turned to the side a little, her completely exposed chest sparkled like a diamond under the lights. So, did her necklace made out of actual diamonds – three rows, tightly wrapped around her neck.

"Still playing hard to get, huh?" my teasing comment didn't rub her the wrong way; she had a sense of humour.

"I don't believe I owe you an explanation regarding my personal life, or do I?" she arched her eyebrow in a questioning manner, her eyes still playful. She was hard to deal with, no wonder no man wanted her. Sure, she was hot and successful but her personality was something I didn't want to deal with. Ever.

"Mr- Harry, here's your drink," Celia finally turned up with a glass of whisky in her hand as well as some kind of cocktail in the other. It was probably for her. It didn't interest me much, I didn't pay for this, the woman who stood across from me did. "Miss Kensington, thank you very much for having us."

"It is my pleasure, dear," she smiled at the woman next to me. The fact that each time they met, there was no rivalry between them, any sign of jealousy or pettiness said a lot about both of them. "Well, I must welcome everyone else. Feel free to grab whatever you wish. I'm sure you know how these things work."

And with that, she was out of my sight.

Her disappearance allowed me to inhale then exhale deeply before the alcohol in my hand slipped down my throat. It felt like another five of these were needed then again, the encounter from before wasn't as bad as I initially thought it would be.