You Always Make Me Smile (Alex and Harry)

"Alex!"

I turned around, a smile coming onto my face. "Hazza!"

Harry already had a smile planted on his face, making beautiful dimples appear. I started running toward him, opening my arms to hug him. He raced toward me with an even greater speed, his curly hair bouncing on top of his head. Laughter spilled from my lips as I jumped into Harry's arms, feeling him spin me around dozens of times.

"I can't believe you're home already!" I laughed as he put me down finally. His smile grew, and I pinched his cheeks."You weren't supposed to be home until next week."

"That's exactly what I thought." Harry nodded, picking me up and squeezing me against his chest again. "I'm just grateful to be able to see you earlier this time." It was as if his smile was tattooed onto his face, but his green eyes glowed at the same time.

"Let's get back home, then," I grabbed his hand and tugged him along. Harry sped up, jumping up and down in front of me. I kept walking, knowing he'd eventually fall.

"Alright, fine," Harry nodded, and stopped jumping. "Let's race!"

I rolled my eyes. "I bet I'll beat you," I laughed, pretty confident in myself that I'd win. Harry isn't very sporty, I thought, I hope. "If I win, you  have to make me dinner for the entire week.

He smirked. I knew Harry liked to cook, so maybe he'll lose on purpose. It would definitely be okay with me.

"Deal," he nodded. "And if I win?" Harry's eyebrows raised, and I watched as he searched his brain for something for me to do if I had ended up losing. His lips molded back into a devious smile, and he looked me in the eyes. It counldn't be good. "You have to kiss me."

My breath caught in my throat.

"W-what?" I managed to choke out.

Harry's smile only grew. "You heard me."

I was speechless. Harry's never even tried to make an effort to kiss me, and I've known him for ten or more years. I rarely notice the flirting he does nowadays, because it has always been frequent between us. Then I had thought they actually didn't mean anything. Harry couldn't like me, could he?

"Are you too chicken to kiss me, then?" Harry taunted, pulling me from my mental rant. He crossed his arms over his newly muscular chest, keeping his eyes on me. If I didn't keep to this small bet, Harry would never let this down.

I switched the weight on my feet under his stare, trying to stall for a second for me to think. When I stole a glance back to Harry, his smile grew again and his green eyes were playful. Eventually I nodded. "Deal."

"Go!" Harry screamed, making me jump. He bolted down the sidewalk, leaving me in the dust. He struggled to control his suitcase; it rolled along the cracked sidewalk unevenly.

"Cheater!" I screamed after him, sprinting behind him. "I wasn't ready!" I only heard his laughter mixed with the wind rushing past my ears. My feet pounded on the concrete sidewalk as I tried to close the gap between the two of us. My strides shortened, quickening my pace. Harry's eyes widened as I got into pace with him.

I stuck my tounge out at him and flew past, keeping my eyes on the destination that was now in view. Harry's own footsteps were barely audible behind me, and I could already taste victory.

"Better get your cooking skills ready, because it looks like I'm going to win!" I yelled over my shoulder, stepping on the grass of our lawn.

"I don't think so," I heard him in my ear. He flew ahead at the last second, jumping up the stairs of the porch. His arms crossed again, rising and falling along with his chest from the run. His eyes were mischievous and expectant at the same time, sparkling in the sunlight high above our heads.