Chapter 1 - Moving In

"Oh my golly gosh!" My bestfriend Payton shrieks as I open the door to my new home. "It's huge girl, can I move in with you please?" She asks while pulling a pouty face at me.

"I knew you would love it " I say giggling. "Of course I do!" Payton exclaims. "Who wouldn't love this beauty?"

I crack up laughing as I put down the two bins I'd brought in and turn to go grab more from the car. Payton follows along with me and helps me get my belongings into the house.

"Ugh, I forgot how difficult moving was" says Payton as she lugs in yet another box filled to the brim with my things.

"I know, I know but look we only have two more to bring in." I say with a big smile.

"Woo hoo!" Payton shouts as she dances around the front room of my house.
'My friends are so weird' I think to myself as I walk outside and grab the last two boxes.

"Well, this is the last of it" I say with a sigh of relief as I set the boxes down.

I take this moment to look around and make a mental note to thank my mom for making me get my furniture set up earlier in the week. Thanks to that bit already being done, I should be able to get most of my things put away by the end of the day.

"Well thanks so much Pay for all your help" I say while giving her a hug.

"No problem Kavanaugh" she says returning my hug. "Now," she claps loudly, "lets get this place set up."

We both grab a box each and run up the stairs to the master bedroom. We open up the boxes to see that I have grabbed the box with bedding in it and Payton has grabbed the box with the things for my bathroom and the curtains for my room. Payton and I work silently together for a few hours until our hunger reminds us of the time. I take a glance at my watch and see that it is nearly 6:30. I yell to Payton that I'm going to go order a pizza for us and she nods in response. After placing the order I go back to work in my room. Payton hears the knock first and the two of us walk downstairs to answer the door. We open it to a cute, teenaged boy holding our pizza. His eyes bulge as he looks up and sees us standing in the doorway. I take a quick look to my left and see my caramel colored friend with a wide smirk gracing her face. Payton is beautiful and she knows it. With her long brown hair, enchanting hazel eyes, and the confidence she exudes like an expensive perfume, the poor boy stands no chance. I, on the other hand, am more of an all-american beauty. I am about 5 foot 2 with long blonde hair and wide blue eyes. The pizza boy is openly staring at the two of us and it doesn't look like he'll be snapping out of it anytime soon. I clear my throat loudly and he snaps out of it.

"Oh um that'll be 5.85 ma'am" he stutters out finally.

I chuckle quietly as I walk into the kitchen to grab my wallet. Coming back into the front room I can hear Payton turning on her charm. ' Poor boy doesn't even know he has no chance' I think as I give Payton a warning look out of the corner of my eye.

I hand the boy 10 dollar bill and pass the pizza to Payton.

"Thanks," I say to him as I step back and shut the door.

Payton and I make eye contact and immediately burst in to simultaneous fits of laughter. We finally calm ourselves down after a few minutes and make our way to the sitting room. Payton sets the pizza down while I go into the kitchen to find some plates for the two of us. I take out two plates and walk back to the sitting room to join Payton.  We sit on the floor and begin eating and talking and before long we've finished the pizza and are just sitting around talking. All of a sudden there comes the roar of a motorcycle that is soon joined by the roar of even more. I look over at Payton and raise my eyebrow as she does the same. I get up and walk over to a window facing the front of the house and look out. 'Hm strange' I think as I look out and don't see anything for a few seconds. Then I see the distinct glow of headlights coming up the drive of my neighbor's house. I scrunch up my brows in confusion as a whole pack of bikers ride up and park their bikes in front of the house.

"What!" Payton shrieks as she too takes in the sheer amount of bikers pulling up to the only other house around mine.

There are quite a few of them and they just keep coming. 'No way are they my neighbors,' I think scoffing to myself. But as the guy who was astride the first motorcycle approaches the door and uses his keys to unlock it, my disbelief is banished. I turn to look at Payton with a look of shock etched clearly on my face. She gently closes my jaw then her own.

"Oooh I just knew that this couldn't be as perfect as it seemed" Payton says as she does her nervous walk.

"Wait, Pay calm down, maybe it isn't as bad as we're making it out to be" I try to reason," maybe they won't be a bother."

"Um honey I don't know if you've noticed but that is an awful big group of BIKERS that are living next door to you and you don't think they'll be much of a bother?" Says Payton with her hands on her hips and her eyebrows raised in skepticism.

"Okay so maybe it will suck to live next door to a bikie club but, I love this house so much and I've already paid for it" I whine to her.

"I know, I know" she says "maybe it won't be so bad then."

Her phone chooses that moment to chime loudly. Payton quickly runs back to the front room and grabs her phone. She has a brief conversation that I am only privy to one side of then returns to the sitting room where I am.

"I'm sorry Laney but I've got to run" Payton says with an apologetic look.

"It's fine Pay, you've helped so much already," I say with a smile as I hug her and help her find her things. It takes us a bit to find everything but soon I am walking her to the door.

"I'll see you later," I yell to her as she makes her way down to her beautiful blue Honda Civic. I stand at the door waiting until I see her pull off then I close and lock it. I decide to call it a night and make my way to my bedroom after turning off all of the lights.