1

I walked into school late as fuck, per usual, with a Large cherry sundrop from sonic. I signed in and got my late pass before going to class.

"Aaliyah Curry, why are you late?" My chemistry teacher, Mrs. Drake, yelled as I walked into the room, making everybody look at me. I rolled my eyes and gave her my note. This bitch ain't never happy early in the morning. She stay yelling about something. "Excuse me, Miss Curry, I know you hear me talking to you."

"Who cares why I'm late? Be happy that I'm here." I said back to her as I took my seat. "I stopped and got a drink. That's why I'm late."

The whole class started laughing and then I looked to my left and seen a new student. He's hella sexy.

"Aaliyah, you do this everyday." She said going over to her desk, I'm assuming to write me up.

"Mrs. Drake, in my entire four years of high school, I have never, ever, ever, been on time to 1st period. Not once. So I don't know why y'all don't know the routine by now..... Nah I'm just kidding." I said. I really can't afford to be written up again.

"I'm writing you up, Miss Curry. It seems as if you're never gonna learn." She said.

"At least I come to school." I said, rolling my eyes.

I pulled my phone out and I had a text from my mom.

Madre🤞🏽: we gotta talk.

Liyah: bout what??

Madre🤞🏽: My new boyfriend and his children are moving in with us.

Liyah: I beg your damn pardon!

Madre🤞🏽: You will be nice. You will be respectful or I will punch you in the throat. Understand?

Liyah: yes ma'am.

Madre🤞🏽: good. Now have a good day. 😘

I locked my phone and looked back up just in time to see the new kid staring at me.

"Damn, can I have my face back?" I said. He rolled his eyes and looked away from me. Maybe that was a bit mean. "Hey....what's your name?"

"Michael." He replied without looking at me. Now I feel bad.

"I'm Aaliyah and I'm sorry for being rude. That was uncalled for. I apologize."

He looked up at me and smiled a little.

"That's okay. It was rude of me to stare. I just couldn't help it because you're so beautiful." He said, smiling at me. God he has a gorgeous smile.

I started blushing like crazy and that's not easy to make me do.

"Well, thank you, Michael. You're gorgeous yourself." I replied and now it's his turn to blush.

"Thank you." He said and got really shy.

Before I could reply, the bell rang, ending 1st period. I grabbed my things and stood up.

"Where are you going next?" I asked.

"Uh....English with Hutchins." He replied, looking at his schedule.

"Me too. Wanna walk together?"

"Sure."

He smiled at me and we walked out of Mrs. Drake's room.

"So, are you from Washington?" I asked Michael,wanting to get to know him more, as we walked down the hallway.

"No, I'm from Missouri. My dad is the new basketball coach for Nathan Hale so  here I am." He said. "What about you? Something tells me that you're not from Washington either."

How the fuck-?

"I'm not. I'm from Tennessee." I said, smiling.

"Ah.... see, I knew there was something different about you."

"Like what exactly?"

"Your accent."

"I ain't got a accent."

(A/n: yes, I do know proper English. Yes, I know it's "I don't have an accent" but I am from Tennessee and that's how we talk.)

"Aaliyah, yes you do." He said laughing at me.

I shook my head as we walked into second period English.

"Good Morning, Aaliyah." Mrs. Hutchins greeted as we walked into class.

"Good morning." I greeted back, with a smile. She's my favorite teacher.

"You must be Michael, our new student."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Well, welcome to Nathan Hale, I hope you like it here." Mrs. Hutchins said. "You can sit anywhere you'd like."

I took my seat and then he sat in front of me. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through Instagram until the start of class.

———————————————————————
So..... I'm just gonna end chapter 1 right here because I'm already late putting it out. Sorry about that. Anyway, let me know what you think.