Please Wait For Me

Continued flash back

(y/l/n)~ your last name

Words: 577

Your POV

One week passes by. Then two. Then three. All you thought about was James. You started to worry about him. He's obviously not going to war yet, but it's been longer than he said he was going to be. You missed him, a lot. You missed his beautiful smile. You missed his soft and smooth voice. You missed his short, dark hair. You missed how well he looked in his uniform. You missed his lips on your- stop. You've only known him for a few weeks, but damn, you sure are in love with him.

Once again, you were at the kissing booth where you and James first met. You'd think raising charity for the school would be done by now but nope. You usually don't stay but you insisted since your friend was working it again.

Mary was on her break so that left you to watch the booth for her. She asked if you wanted to join her but you kindly declined her offer.

You rested your chin in the palm of your hand and watched as the few people that walked by. You decided to turn on some music, now that you were alone and had nothing to do. You turned up the dial on the radio and listened to the music play softly.

♫ Till then, my darling, please wait for me

Till then, no matter when it may be

You hummed along with the music as you spotted something on the dark street in front of you. The shape looks like a tall young man, with a uniform. You squinted your eyes at the dark figure while it slowly got closer into the light. Then there he was. Sergeant James Barnes. You froze in shock. Did he possibly get more handsome? He was well dressed in his uniform, just like how you first saw him. You really liked him in a uniform.

You walked around the kissing booth and stood in front of it to get more closer to James. He took a few more steps forward until he was a few feet in front of you.

"Did you miss me?" He smirked sarcastically. Yes, you definitely missed him.

"Miss you? Pfft, far from it." You teased.

"Ouch. Did you really mean that, Ms. (y/l/n)?" He smirked while raising his eyebrow.

"Sure did. I didn't even think about you one time." You said jokingly, trying to play along.

"Whoa whoa whoa, Ms. (y/l/n). You're taking it too far." He said sarcastically, while moving his hands dramatically.

"Am i? Sergeant Barnes?" You smirked sarcastically. You moved a little closer to him.

"I think you are..." James responded while moving closer as well.

Before you could say another word, James was putting his hands on your waist, pulling you closer than before. You cupped his cheeks with your hands. He kissed you softly. You guys stayed like that for a few moments, enjoying the long overdue kiss. Eventually, you two broke apart.

"Wow..." You looked into James eyes and chuckled.

"I guess you really did miss me, huh?" James said sarcastically. You chuckled at his remark before pulling him back in for another kiss.

God he was a great kisser.

Was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry for this short chapter but i just thought of an idea while i was finishing this one up! so please bare with me! okay, good day!