Reese Harris

CHAPTER TWO

The door to the house slams shut

The door to the house slams shut. Dani looks over, seeing the one she despises most, Frank Gallagher, the father of this household.
"Woah, you okay, Frank?" Steve asks.
"Hey, is that my shirt?!" Ian asks, walking up to Frank.
"Yeah." Frank says, getting in Ian's face.
"I-I'm just asking.." Ian says, backing away a little.
Frank bashes Ian in the nose with his face.
"FRANK, WHAT THE HELL?!?!" Dani yells, her eyebrows furrowing.

***

Dani sits on the couch, watching tv as the other Gallaghers call around for Frank.
"You really can't help?" Fiona asks, glaring at her youngest sister.
"Calling costs $5, looking costs $10. You got money?....Yeah, didn't think so." Dani says, slumping lower on the couch.
"Motherfucker." V says, walking outside, chasing after the phone being pulled down the sidewalk.

***

DETENTION

"You got any beer?" A boy sitting at the desk next to Dani asks.
"No. My sister snatches it away before I can drink any."  Dani says, smiling.
"What's your name?" He asks, his body turning completely towards her.
"Dani Gallagher. Dani's short for Danielle." Dani says, turning her head towards him.
"I like your name. My name's Reese Harris." He says, shaking hands with Dani.
Reese looks towards the teacher, seeing him sleeping.
"Wanna go smash some cars?" Reese asks Dani, Of course, Dani nods immediately.

***

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!?!? SMASHING CAR WINDOWS?!!!?" Fiona yells at her little sister in front of all the Gallagher siblings.
"Maybe if we actually had parents, our lives wouldn't be shit, and we wouldn't be south side shit." Dani says, running up to her room.

***

Once again, the day ended with a lovely Gallagher fight. But then again, all their fights always end with a happy family hug.
But what happens when Dani starts rebellious phase that travels on too long?
Stay tuned to find out on tomorrow's next chapter of 'Dani Gallagher'.