For god's sake, now getting to know Harry is part of my job? What does he want with him?  I swear if he offers him a job I will die.

I instruct Katie to courier the files to Harry's office, my mind wondering where it is in London but I make the decision that if I start delving then I may never stop, and right now I don't have time to be distracted.

I clear my thoughts of the man with the cross tattoo on his hand and candy pink lips as best I can and get back to work, smashing through file after file. It's hours later when I finally look up at the clock again to find it's nearing the end of the day.  Well, the end of most people's working day, anyway.

A soft knock at the door is a welcomed divergent for once but I almost cry as I see Katie with her face screwed up in sympathy, a large black box in her arms and taking both hands to awkwardly carry it.

"Shit," I curse, pushing myself back from my computer on my swivel chair, as if the distance will help. "What's that?"

"I'm sorry Lex, it just landed on my desk, it's labelled 'SALES FILES' but..." she trails off to shake it a little. "It's weirdly...light."

My brow furrows in confusion as I stand, Katie placing it on my desk that I'm proud to acknowledge is now only half as stacked with paper than it was this morning.

"Who gave it to you?" I question, reaching for the lid.

"A courier. About five minutes ago."

"A courier?"

I rip open the box, my fingers tingling with the hope that my predications are right and this is from Harry.  Why would he send me the sale file back, and in this huge box?

"DVD's?" Katie questions before I can process what I'm looking at.

I grab the neat stack, tied together with a thick black ribbon and read the tiny, glossy gift tag attached.

IN CASE YOU MISSED THESE, TOO.

"I don't get it? Who's it from and more importantly, who has DVD's anymore?" Katie sounds but I ignore her, my mouth hanging open as I sift through the titles of every classic '90s blockbuster I can think of, plus a few that are new to me.

"They're from Harry," I admit, trying not to smile at the gesture and the arrogance of the man who doesn't even feel the need to write his name. I can feel her eyes widen despite the fact mine are glued to the gift.

"Okay, I'm missing something and girl, you better sit down and start from the beginning. I want details."

I sigh, looking at the unbelievable amount of work I still need to do but begrudgingly oblige as I watch her take a seat, her arms crossed and meaning business.

"Fine," I huff, relaying Saturday nights event to her as quickly as I can manage without her asking another forty-five questions.

"Why would he send you an unmarked gift and call it 'sales files'?" she can't help ask, but answers herself in the same breath. "He wants to be subtle at work. Sneaky banana!"

I giggle at her nickname for him and she seems pleased to have entertained me when I've been having such a shitty 48 hours.

"So, he didn't kiss you," she states as if trying to solve a murder mystery and I shake my head in confirmation. "But he must be into you, why else would he send you a present?"

"Maybe, he just wants to be friends?" I shrug casually, my stomach sinking at the fact this is the most logical answer as I take the box and put it in a cupboard away from prying eyes.

"Then we need to get you out of the friend zone, asap!" Katie announces but I dismiss her thoughts immediately.

"No, Katie. This is why I don't do this shit. I don't want to play games, I'm too busy.  Look! He has already distracted me enough." I gesture to the piles of files on my desk.  "I can't help but feel like he is always playing a game," I mumble, coming to the conclusion for the first time out loud.

"He's probably never met anyone like you before," she says confidently. "And, he probably just doesn't know how to approach you after what happened with Liam." Her eyes dart to her fingers in her lap and I feel a pang of guilt in the pit of my stomach.

"I'm sorry about Liam, but what I told him what the truth. I'm too busy to get involved with anyone right now," I tell her and she rolls her eyes teasingly.

"You like him, Lexi."

"No, I think he's hot."

"So, this is purely physical.  You just want to sleep with him?" she attempts to confirm and I rebut.

"I didn't say that, Katie." But the sly grin on her face indicates she's not going to let this go.

"I overheard your Dad say he wants you to find out about him anyway, so it technically would be work... In the most non-hooker way possible," she adds after comprehending what she's said and we both burst out laughing.

A/N:

SNEAKY BANANA!

What does everyone think? Does Harry like her, or is there an ulterior motive?

Love Ruby

x