Toast makes his way over to the microwave, pressing a few buttons on the keypad. The portal then closes and the Johnny's sigh a bit. "Johnny, we may need to just take this microwave. It's much too dangerous for them to keep it. Remember what happened last time they used it?", Ghost says, looking at his British friend.

Of course Toast remembers what happened. He had to go all by himself to deal with the Nintendo ghosts. The only way to get rid of them, was to beat them at Mario Kart. His gaming skills came in handy that day.

"Yeah. Let's confiscate it. We could also do some research on it. And who knows, it may come in handy some day." Toast replies. Gertrude walks into the kitchen again, sighing "He doesn't even remember using it. He says he hasn't touched it since the last time he stuck his head in it.", she says to them as she puts her phone back into her pocket. "That doesn't help very much," Ghost sighs, glancing over at the microwave before looking back at Gertrude. "Mind if we take the microwave? I'm sure you need a new one anyways. One that doesn't... open up portals to other dimensions." Ghost finishes. Gertrude laughs a little "Go ahead and take it. It seems you guys know what to do with it."

Ghost unplugs the microwave and lifts it up and off the counter, taking it to the Ghost Mobile when he and Toast finished talking to Gertrude and Billy about the haunted microwave and the pile of watermelons.

The investigation went smoothly, for once. Yes, it was rather strange, but P.I.E. has been through even stranger paranormal investigations. The Nintendo ghosts, Batman, and Charizard to name a few. Ghost was feeling a lot better about the investigation. It went way better than it could've been.

The Johnny's get in the van and drive back home after saying their goodbyes to Gertrude and Billy. It has been yet another successful investigation for Johnny Toast and Ghost. Ghost smiles as he drives home. He was glad that things went smoothly, for once. Toast took notice of his partner's good mood, and he smiles as well. Ghost parks the car in the driveway of their home. Toast grabs the microwave and they both make their way inside the house. "I'm gonna put this microwave with the rest of our equipment.", Toast  says as he walks inside the house and down the hall. "Alright, Johnny. I'm gonna make us some lunch. What do you want?", Ghost asks, taking off his satchel and hoodie. He sets them on the couch, making himself a mental reminder to put the two into his room later. "Do we still have those pizzas? I kinda want some pizza today." Toast says upon entering the living room, straightening his tie.

"Yeah, we got pizza still." Ghost says, walking into the kitchen. "Great. You make the food while I write a report on the investigation.", Toast replies, walking to the study room.

~♡~

Ghost was now leaning back on the couch, watching some T.V., when the timer for the pizzas was going off. Ghost groans softly before standing up, and making his way to the kitchen to take the pizza out of the oven.

"Johnny! Pizza's ready!" He calls out, setting the pan on the counter. He takes the pizza cutter out of a drawer and cuts the pizza into slices. He sets a couple slices on a plate and goes back to sitting on the couch. Shortly after, Toast sits down next to Ghost. They both eat in silence as they watch what's on the television.

"I finished the report and began running some tests on the microwave in the garage. Apparently, if you punch in a sequence of four digits on the keypad, it opens up a portal. Different combinations open up portals to different places and dimensions. I wrote down a few of the combinations for future reference.", Toast says after he finished eating. Ghost takes a moment to process what was said. He then nods, and looks at Toast. "Interesting... Do you think this be useful to us?"

"Perhaps it will. I think I can calibrate a remote to wirelessly connect with the microwave. That way, we can travel through different dimensions with a device in the palm of our hands." Toast smiles and stands up, taking his plate to the kitchen. "Perfect. Toast, you're a genius!" Ghost says, following Toast into the kitchen.

"I know, I get called that a lot." He replies, setting his plate in the sink. "What? A genius?" Ghost asks. "No. Toast."

"Sometimes I wonder why I'm still friends with you..." Ghost shakes his head, not amused. Toast laughs a little in response.

The two clean the kitchen and put away the leftovers. Today was a normal day in comparison to other days. However, Johnny Ghost and Johnny Toast have much more in store for them in the future. The question is, what's gonna happen?

A/N - This is it, the first chapter of P.I.E. (Re-written). I hope you've enjoyed it! Please vote and comment! I hope you enjoy this much better than the old one. My writing has definitely gotten better since I last wrote things. I'll have another chapter out soon! Thank you for taking the time to read my story.