Prologue

Johnny Ghost and Jonathan Maxwell Bartholomew Toast Jr were very best friends. They have been since their youth. When they were kids, they'd always pretend to be ghost hunters. They've always dreamed of going around the world, investigating the paranormal. The two have encountered ghostly beings before in their youth. That was what inspired them to become paranormal investigators. Today, they don't remember much about the encounter with the spirit in their past. They wish that they would someday see it again.

~♡~

It was just an average day in Little Butts, North Carolina. Johnny Ghost and Johnny Toast were getting themselves ready for their next investigation. Ghost felt a pit in his gut. The sensation was rather unpleasant, but he was used to it. Investigations at the Acachalla's household always ended up being some of the weirdest. These investigations always caused Ghost to feel the usual feeling.

Ghost throws his hoodie over his head and shoulders before straightening out the creases in the cloth. He then grabs his satchel and drapes it over his shoulder, putting his hood on his head as he done so. He steps out of his bedroom, walking down the hallway to meet with his partner, and best friend, Johnny Toast.

"Hey, Johnny. You ready to go yet? The more time we take getting ready, the angrier Papa Acachalla will be when we arrive", Ghost says upon entering the living room, where Toast was straightening his tie. Toast chuckles a bit before looking over to Ghost.

"Yeah, I'm ready, sir. Got everything in your purse?",  Toast says, grinning. "It's not a purse, Johnny! It's a satchel, you know that! Do I have to tell you this every day?", Ghost yells in frustration. Toast always teases Ghost about his satchel, but Ghost always teases Toast about his car, so they're even.

Toast laughs a little and runs his hand through his hair, "You know I'm just teasing. Come on, let's get going. We wouldn't want to be late."

Ghost and Toast leave the house, going out to their van they like to call, "The Ghost Mobile". They both get in the car, and Ghost drives to the Acachalla family's home. Once they arrive there, they get out of the van and walk up to the front door.

Before Ghost even knocks on the door, it opens, revealing Gertrude. "Thank God that you're here. Things are really getting out of hand.", she sighs and moves out of the way of the door for the Johnny's to walk inside. Ghost chuckles softly as he looks around. "So what happened this time, Gertrude?", he asks her.

"Oh, Papa used that darn microwave again. He opened another portal to some dimension. This time, it's spitting out watermelons." She says, leading the two paranormal investigators to the kitchen.

She was definitely not wrong about the watermelon part. There was a portal on the ceiling, with watermelons pouring out of it. Billy was seen sitting on the ground underneath the portal, looking up into it. "Mama! Look at all these melons! We have food for days!", He beams as he waves around one of the melons. "Billy, honey, don't eat that! We don't know where it's been!", Gertrude yells, going to get Billy off the ground.

"Where's Acachalla at?", Toast asks as he picks up one of the watermelons. "He went to 7/11 right after he opened the portal. He's trying to sell some of the melons to get money." Gertrude replies, sighing.

Ghost pulls out one of the many devices from his satchel, scanning the pile of watermelons. He chuckles at the results before looking back to Johnny Toast. "It appears that these are from the 46th dimension. It's... It's literally just a dimension of watermelons. Do you know what buttons Papa pressed on the microwave?", Ghost asks as he looks back over to Gertrude. Gertrude shakes her head, sighing. "I'm not sure. I can call him and ask, though. I can't promise you that he'll answer his phone." She says before leaving the kitchen, walking out the back door.