Yumeno Gentarou - Little White Lies

Photo credit: @posse_mugi (Twitter)

[Note] 
- This is written (mostly) in Yumeno Gentarou's POV, but there may be some POV switch.

---

Yuuka. The Flower of Happiness. [1]

Almost everyone know of the name, especially youngsters of Shibuya. It is the pseudonym of a popular mangaka[2] famed for her shoujo mangas and also a few shounen mangas. Although people knew that Yuuka was a female, none of the fans actually knew her exact appearance since she always attend events with a face mask because she isn't comfortable with too much attention. None of the fans pressured her, plus, they commented that it added to a mysterious vibe for the famous mangaka.

Her most famous work, 'Underneath the Lonely Crescent Moon' featuring a heart-wrenching love story of Tsukihime and Kirisaki in olden Japan won several awards in the manga community and it even got adapted into a light novel by the critically-acclaimed writer, Yumeno Gentarou. Both writer and mangaka also gained a lot of fans from the adaptation project and it was believed to be a huge advantage to Yuuka to expand her influence in the manga community.

When Yuuka announced a small hiatus due to her moving from Shibuya into Chuuoku, her fans were restless that the hiatus could lead to a potential retirement. As such, it was a huge delight for the fans that Yuuka would be adapting Yumeno Gentarou's work, 'From the Frost-tinted Window' into a manga. She even joked that it was a repayment for Yumeno Gentarou adapting her work into a novel. She also announced that she would not retire in the near future. 

"Wow, I feel like they're praising me a bit too much in this article. I finally understand your feeling when you read those articles about you, Gen-kun!" a girl in a simple sweater and jeans commented as she held a magazine, trends☆, in her hands. She was sitting in a booth of a coffee shop in Shibuya, opposite a brown-haired man in simple shirt and slacks with a grey hat covering most of his hair. 

"I've gotten used to those type of articles. Besides, [Name]-chan, people are praising you, isn't it a good thing?" the man, Yumeno Gentarou, asked with his lips quirking into a small smile.

"Geez, Gen-kun! Stop teasing me! You know I'm not good with the attention, we've been friends since high school!" the girl whined, closing her eyes as she sighed.

Gentarou continued smiling, but deep in his heart, he knew that [Name] was never fond of attention since their school days. She would always shy away from the spotlight and opt for behind the scene roles. However, he never did understand how she continued to strike a conversation with him. He was already infamous as an unpopular person, so [Name] being friends with him would be known across the school. 

However, she seemed not bothered by the stares and kept greeting him. She said she was interested to become friends after reading his work he submitted into the story competition. At first, he was skeptical of her reason, why would someone go that far for just a simple essay? As days passed by, she stayed beside him and continued pestering him, until graduation came. He could still remember their graduation day.

---

He was just sitting on a bench in his usual spot to get away from the unfriendly gazes of people. The cherry blossom tress swayed gently in the breeze, sending petals raining softly down onto the ground. 

"Gentarou-kun! There you are! I knew you'd be here!" a voice interrupted the silence of the moment. It was a girl with her [Hair colour] hair let loose with a few petals stuck on her hair. She was panting a bit, but she looked relieved to have found him. She paid no heed to his indifference and plopped down to sit beside him.