Romeo doesn't always have to be perfect... ch4

''Am I desperate?'' I asked, looking at a photo of my Mum while I lay on my bed, obviously I knew the photo wouldn't answer but I felt the need to talk to her once in a while and this was the only way. I heard a soft knock on my door.

''Come in.'' I said, my Dad popped his head through the open door.

''Do you want some lunch?'' He asked.

''It's night Dad im going to sleep.'' I frowned and pushed myself backwards to land on my giant bed. I felt myself sink futher into the matress as my Dad sat on the end of the bed and sighed heavily.

''I love you, im sure she would be proud of you.'' He glanced at the picture of my Mum and I saw the hurt in his eyes.

''Im not stupid Dad, I know you love me, I know you loved her as well, if she didn't love us then who cares right? You know what they say 2's company, 3's a crowd.'' I said, opening my arms for him to hug me. He smiled and fell into me.

''She loved you, she still does it's just me she doesn't love, don't hate her just because I don't talk to her kiddo.'' He said, letting his arms fall and getting up from my bed.

''Dad.'' I started as he walked out from my room, he turned around.

''We don't need anyone else, im fine with being your little girl.'' He smiled and closed the door behind him. I quickly changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed. If your wondering my Mum left us to live in the city, she ran away with some hot business man and there she lives with him probably married and pregnant living happily with out any memories of me and my Dad what so ever. I could contact her any time I like, my Dad has her number and email, all it takes is a phone call or one click of a button but i'd feel that i'd be betraying my Dad if I tried to contact her. Not that I would want to contact her, she probably wants nothing to do with me and im happy living here with Dad.

I didn't know I was crying until I was woke up by something hitting my window. I sat myself up fast and stared at the tears rolling down my face from the mirror opposite. My gaze went to the window, I figured it was just the rain or maybe a bird or something so I crawled back under my blanets and let the tears fall, there was absoloutley no poit in wiping them away, I was so emotional these days they were probably everlasting. I dippd my head up from the blanket when something hit my window again. I got nervous as I glanced to the window, I hate this, it always happens in the scary movies, you go to the window you get killed. People in movies have no common sense I swear, they hear a noise they decided to go check it out? Why!?

I shivered as something hit the window again, I was getting sick of it, I reminded myself to be brave before I stood at the window and opened it up, glancing down at the figure stood below it.

''Who's there?'' I half whispered, half shouted, trying not to wake my Dad.

''Ryan, come out?'' He sounded cold. I raised my head and let the wind flow past me, it was freezing. I nodded and closed the window, grabbing my jacket and my Dad's sweater from the ironing board in the hallway.

I really was crazy if I was about to go out to some random guy, I hardly kew him, it was probably about 12 at night, maybe even later.

I creeped downstairs and quietly opened the front door, it creaked a little before I closed it.

I headed out into the dark and looked up at the sky, there was a fog coming over, possibly more rain?

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I reacted quickly, tuning around and slapping who ever was there.

''Do you have to do that all the time?'' I heard Ryan call. I tried not to laugh.

''Sorry, I didn't know it was you.'' I said as I put on my jacket, I threw my Dad's sweater at him and he looked confused.

''What's this?'' He asked, hi blue eyes gleamed at me.

''You looked cold.'' I said shyly.

He smiled and pulled on the sweater. ''Thanks.'' He looked at me. ''Are you crying?'' He asked.

I sniffed and quickly wiped my eyes. ''It's the cold, it makes me cry.'' I said lamely.

He nodded and gestured me to follow him. I did because it was dark out and I didn't want him to think I was scared. ''Where are we going?'' I asked about 3 times, he just kept walking, ignoring my questions.

He started to walk up the Morrison's drive, I was nervous to follow but did anyway. We got into their huge back garden, along with the other fields they own and he pulled me round the corner. I looked up and saw a maze of trees.

''Come on then.'' He said walking off, I buried my face in my jacket and followed carelessly.

''Won't we get into trouble?'' I asked, trying to catch up with his pace. I knew if the Morrison's found out we were in their garden, Claire would definitely tell my Dad then i'd be grounded for life.

''Not if you stay close to me and stop talking.'' He replied, walking even faster than before. I felt like I was under his control.

I sped up and looked at the floor, I suddenly fell backward's to the ground when he turned to face me.

''Ouch.'' I said, rubbing my ankle. He smikred and held his hand out to me, I took it regardless of how dirty it was and he smiled then pulled me towards a lake.

We sat down and he layed back, resting his head in his hands. ''You like?'' He asked. I wondered what he was talking about until I looked up. There in the sky were millions of stars, trillions even, the sky was so dark and they stood out completely. I'd never seen so many in my life.

''I love.'' I said, I couldn't help but sneek a glance at him, noticing he was staring right at me. I looked the other way quickly and heard him laugh.

He pointed up to a few stars that were near eachother. ''That's the Mira, I like that one best.''

''The one on the right's lesath.'' I couldn't see where he was pointing there were so many, he must have seen my confusion because he chuckled and grabbed my hand, he pulled my arm up and pointed my finger toward's the stars telling me the names. I found it interesting that he knew so much about them.

''How do you know?'' I asked.

''My Dad was an astronomist, he used to bring me to places where you can see them well.'' He said, I heard a crack in his voice.

''Do you live with him?'' I asked.

''Nah, my parents passed away a couple of years go.'' He said. I studied his body vaguely, he seemed he didn't mind to tell me that.

''Im sorry Ryan.'' I hit myself mentally.

''Im over it.'' He looked at me with a serious face.

How can you get over something like that? I thought to myself. ''Ryan why did you bring me here?''

He shrugged. ''I guess I see you as a sort of friend, so we can talk sometimes right?'' He looked at me for an answer.

I nodded. I never really had a friend. My Dad's my bestfriend, I guess people at school were my friend's until I left now I don't really talk to anyone. Maybe it's a good thing I met Ryan...