13x01 - Lost And Found

Start from the beginning

Cabin

Inside the cabin, a person walks along a body laid out under a sheet. He pulls the sheet back to reveal Castiel. Another person descends the stairs and joins the first "Is that—"

"Castiel. Always knew she'd meet a bad end"

"She deserved better"

"No, she really didn't" the first angel scoffs.

"The mother's upstairs, but she—"

"I don't care about the brood mare. Where's the child?"

"Gone"

"Of course he is" the first angel flips the sheet back over Castiel's face.

**********

Jail Cell

Jack is laying in the cell. He opens his eyes and sits up, grunting. He moves quickly away from Sam, getting as far as possible before turning glowing eyes on Sam as he crouches defensively.

Sam throws his hands up "Whoa, whoa, whoa

Sam throws his hands up "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy, easy, easy, easy. It's okay. You're okay. I'm not gonna hurt you"

"You already hurt me"

"Yes, I did. I – I'm sorry. I was just trying to slow you down. You – you were, uh...are you all right?" Sam stutters.

"I don't, I...I was scared, and when I get scared, things happen. I...I can't stop them" as he talks, Jack visibly calms down, the glow fades from his eyes.

"Why were you scared?"

"Because of the voices" He whispers, "They were so...loud, so...angry"

"Do you hear them right now?"

Jack consider this, and gradually stands up, much more relaxed. "No"

"Good" Sam chuckles, "Good" He exhales sharply. Sam is also visibly relieved, as Jack sits on the cot opposite him and folds his legs up criss cross applesauce style.

"I'm sorry"

"What?" Sam asks confused.

"Will you tell them that I'm sorry?" Jack asks Sam.

"Yeah. Sure. Of course" Sam pauses "Jack...how are you, um...how are we...talking right now? I mean, you're – you're not even a day old. How do you speak English?"

"My mother taught me" Jack smiles fondly.

"So you talked to her"
"I was her"
"Okay. And, um...your powers. Did she teach you those, too, or..."

Jack stands up "No, I..." he walks to the nearest wall, feeling the concrete blocks with his hands, tracing the seams between them as he talks "I don't know why these things happen. It's like I'm me, but...not me"

"Jack, look, um...before you were born, you – you opened up a door to another world. Do you remember that?" Sam asks him.

Jack inhales deeply, still studying the wall "Yes"