And the chase is on

Enzo

We went to homecoming. Julian didn't go, and we didn't push him. It was fun. Cade, Andi, Everly, and I went as a group. It was less pressure.

Since I had never been to a dance before, Everly had to guide me since I couldn't hear the music. I could feel the vibrations.

It was a lot of fun.

Monday at school, Julian and I watched as Cade ran down the hallway as Andi chased him. We laughed as Everly walked up.

"What's going on?" She asked us.

"Just watch," Julian said as we stood there.

Cade ran by us. Then Andi ran past us.

"Is she chasing him?" Everly asked.

"Looks like it," Julian snickered.

Cade ran and stopped. He was trying to catch his breath.

"I think I'm good," Cade said to us.

"Cade!" Andi yelled.

"Then maybe not," he said, holding up his finger as he took off.

"How was the dance?" Julian asked us.

"It was a lot of fun," I signed as I smiled.

"That's good," he said.

"Did you take care of what you needed to take care of," I asked him.

"Yeah," he smiled.

Then we saw Cade run towards us then get tackled by Andi. Okay, that was new.

Cade

I lay on the floor as Andi sat on top of me. I looked at her. "Is this necessary?"

"Well, if you would quit running, I wouldn't have to tackle you," she shrugged. "For someone that plays football, you sure are slow."

"Sorry I got hit by a truck and had to recuperate," I rolled my eyes.

"Look, you need to stop running and cave," she demanded.

"I will not cave, and you can't make me," I told her emphatically.

"Suit yourself," she shrugged as she crashed her lips into mine, taking me by surprise. I gave in and kissed her back.

Then I heard people say, "Aww."

We stopped, and I looked to see my dads upside down, figures.

She got off me and held out her hand. I took it, and she helped me up. I stood up and looked at her.

"How about a date?" She asked me.

"Do I have a choice?"

"Nope," she grinned.

"Okay," I said finally, caved.

"Yay!" My dads exclaimed.

"No cake," I said.

"Aww," they said.

She grabbed my shirt and pulled me into a kiss. If I left it up to my dad's, they would have a damn party for me.

Enzo

Poor Cade, even if he wanted to avoid Andi, it would not happen. He might as well give up and realize that he's not getting out of this one.

I slid my hand into Everly's. She looked down at our hands, and a smile formed upon her lips. I smiled too.

"Enzo, would you like to go on a date," she asked me as I read her lips.

I looked at her and did what any sane, normal teen boy would do. I promptly fell backward, passing out from shock.

"Enzo!" Everly yelled.

I laid on the floor out cold. Yeah, it happens when a girl asks you out and the fact I also hit my head on the floor, knocking myself out.

After they could get me conscious again and an ice pack, I gladly accepted Everly's date. Okay, I'll admit I was ecstatic because this was my first date ever. Unlike Cade, I will not run from a girl but to them. I still don't know what his deal is?

I was just excited to have an actual date. Okay, I will stop now.

Julian

I watched Cade get tackled by Andi, Enzo pass out from Everly asking him out, and here I was dealing with other matters. Luke told me it would take time. I had to believe that.

After school, I went to my therapy session. It was going better. I was talking more about things. I still didn't feel comfortable being alone with someone yet.

It would take time.

I had dinner with my parents after therapy and vegged out in front of the TV. As I flipped through the stations, there was a knock at the door. I got up and answered only to find Elias standing there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, surprised.

"Figure, we could hang out," he shrugged.

I stared at him.

"This is where you ask me in," he whispered, motioning with his finger.

"Oh right," I said as I stepped aside. Elias walked in and looked around.

Dad came into the living room and saw Elias.

"Julian, who's this," he asked me.

Before I answered, Elias, did, "Elias. I'm Andi's older brother, and I think Julian's cute." He grinned.

I facepalmed myself as Dad chuckled.

"Sounds like Cole when he and Wade got together," he smirked.

"Not sure who that is, but okay," Elias rolled his eyes.

"Excuse Elias, he forgets people don't understand his honesty," I said to Dad.

"It's refreshing. I will help your mom. You two visit," he said as he turned and left the room.

I stood there with my hands in my pockets, not knowing what to say.

"Okay, I'm just going to say it. I like you, Julian, and I know you've been through a lot, so I can be patient and wait as long as there aren't some secret relationships going on with you," he told me a matter of fact.

Whoa, I thought.

"So, we'll start by hanging out and see where things go," he said, walking over to the couch and taking a seat. Damn. This guy was forward.

I stood there.

"Julian, I won't push you into anything you aren't comfortable doing. I will always be honest with you. I know it will take you some time, but let me show you how it feels to have someone care about you," he said thoughtfully.

"What if I take forever to be ready," I asked him.

"Then I can wait," he said sincerely.

I looked at him and nodded.

"Okay," I said as I walked over and took a seat in a chair. We sat there and talked.

Mom and Dad peeked into the living room and saw us talking. They smiled.

It would take some time, but I had a feeling Elias would wait. Something told me he was one of the good guys. I guess we will wait and see.