Chapter Five

Phoenix's POV:
Annabelle slid off of my back landing on the forest floor with a thud. She looked to my pack house in awe her jaw hanging open. I walked up to my pack house Annabelle trailing behind.
Before I could reach the house a loud howl reached my sensitive ears shaking the ground we stood on. My ears perked up and my tail started to wag.
A huge werewolf jumped in front of us and pounced on me. Annabelle gasped and me and the werewolf playfully nipped at eachother low rumbles sounding from our chests.
'Dad I missed you so much.' I said through our mind link. Our mind link had been severed by the distance.
'i missed you too baby girl.' our wolves were talking with eachother happily. I'd been so long since we've been together I never really processed how much I missed him. We pranced around eachother I almost forgot Annabelle was here until dad asked about her.
'this is my mate Annabelle.' I said proudly. He gave me a wolfish grin,
'i'm sure she'll fit it well here. Congratulations dear.'
I nudged Annabelle towards my father to let her know it was okay and he wasn't going to hurt her.
"H-hi." She said shyly looking at my dad, 'she's adorable sweety.' I smiled and we walked into the pack house.
I told Dad I would inform him of were I'd been tomorrow seeing as we've had a long day.
I was swarmed by pack members some squeezing the life out of me, some crying and most telling me it's good to have me back. I excused my self from them for the night and went up the stairs with Annabelle. Let me tell you even with bigger stairs going up the stairs in wolf form was quite the hassle. Shifting in front of Annabelle would only embarrass and scare her so for now these treacherous stairs are my enemy.
Once we got to my door I motioned for Annabelle to open it and she did. She gazed in awe at my room and grazed her fingers over the blue fabric draped over my four poster bed.
I walked into my closet which was partially open and shifted. I threw on a short black silk nightgown and tied my hair in a messy bun.
When I walked out Annabelle had her hand on my balcony glass door looking out over the vast expanse of trees. I slipped my arms around her waist and she gasped.
"Beautiful isn't it?" I whisper in her ear she shivers and I smirk loving the effect I have on her. I look her over, her clothes are torn and filthy.
"Silk or cotton?" I ask she gives me a confused look but answers none the less.
"Cotten..." I go to my closet and grab her a long pail pink cotten nightgown, it had a soft floral pattern. I hand it to her and she blushes. I give her a confused look, why is she blushing?
"I-i um..." She looks to the closet and I smile realizing why she's blushing. She thought I was making her change in front of me. Zeke growled in approval. As much as i'd love to see her body I wasn't going to make her do anything she was uncomfortable with. Im a live weapon not a monster.
"You can change in the closet precious." She blushes at the nickname and rushed into the closet. I laid on my bed and was out like a light.

I woke to light streaming through the open curtains. I reached over to pull my mate closer to me when I realized she wasn't there. I shot up panick written on my face. 'where is mate!?'  Zeke roared in a panicked anger. Soft snores caught my attention and I looked to see my mate curled up the corner of my room on the floor. I sighed in relief seeing her but was soon stricken with confusion. Why was she on the floor? Why wasn't she sleeping in our bed with me?  Our... A low rumble left my chest I like the sound of that.
I walked over to her and lifted her up in my arms and carried her bridal style to our bed. I set her down gently and covered her with my heavy blanket. I sat down beside her and tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. She's so beautiful.
Her ear twitched, not her human ear but her cat ear. I looked at her kitty ears in amusement. They twitched every so often it was adorable. I reached out and brushed my fingers over her left kitty ear. She shivered and I lightly pinched her kitty ears between my fingers. Her kitty ears shake unconsciously. I smile and lean over her, I lightly blow on her kitty ear and watch it twitch and her shiver. I repeat the action and she stirs awake.
She gasps when she sees me over her and I smile.
"Morning kitten." I whisper as I kiss her kitty ear. She shivers and a blush stains her cheeks. I smirk and get up heading to the bathroom.
"W-where a-are you g-going?" My smirk still plastered on my face i turn around and lean against the bathroom door. "I'm going to have a shower care to join me?" She shakes her head furiously her cheeks a deep red. I chuckle and walk into the washroom.