Chapter Four

Phoenix's POV:
Zeke growled and snarled loudly on the surface of my mind. He was nearing the point of taking control.
I woke and my eyes shot over to my mate. Annabelle sat in the corner of her cell cowering in fear. Mike, one of the guards stood in front of her.
"Come on little kitten, why don't we play a little game..." He said as he lifted his shirt off of his body and threw it to the side. I growled and wrapped my hands around my chains.  Annabelle shook her head profusely,
"Please don't!" She screamed as he began to unbuckle his belt. I crouched down one foot in front of the other putting my weight on my front foot. Mike pulled down his jean zipper and Zeke and I were now both on the surface my eyes changing back and forth from blue to gold.
I pulled as hard as I could on the chains around my wrist. The sound of the chains breaking echoed through the building. Mike's head snapped over to my cell his eyes widening in fear once they met mine. His pants fell down and he shook with fear.
Within seconds I had broke the chains clasped to my ankles. Letting Zeke take control he pryed the cell door open with our bare hands. Mike urinated all over himself the liquid trickling down to the cell floor creating a puddle at his feet. I cringed in disgust.
Zeke gave back joint control and we slipped through the cell bars. We could have broken the lock instead of mending mental but Zeke has always been quite theatrical. We walked through Annabelle's open cell our sites set on Mike. Not wanting to create a bigger mess or scare my mate to much I simply snapped his neck in one swift motion.
Annabelle stares up at me in shock fear. I hold my hand out for her to take giving her a soft smile.
"I won't hurt you little one, you ready to get out of here." She reluctantly takes my hand. Mike had already taken off her restraints so we didn't have to find the keys. The shackle part of my chains and some of the chains were still on my wrists and ankles but I could care less.
Five 'guards'came up to me, one swung at me and I grabbed his wrist twisting his arm and using my other hand to break it. He screamed in angony and another guard tried to come at me from behind. I side kicked him using the screaming guard as balance sending him into a cell. The cell mate grabbed him and snapped his neck, Trent, I smiled at him and he smirked back. Two guards came at me at once and I stepped back quickly and slammed their heads together. The last one shot at me just grazing my shoulder, I twisted the gun out of his hands and shot him twice in the chest. One of the guards that I headbutted with another swung at me, I dodged and shot him in the head. The gaurd with a broken arm punched me hard in the chest, low blow... I kicked him as hard as I could in the jewels and he doubled over in pain. I shot the last guard in the chest and then did the same to the guard doubled over.
Blood covered the floor and some had splattered over me. I looked to Trent then grabbed the guards keys and tossed it to him.
"Goodluck." I said with a smile he nodded and returned the smile. Trent had been my only friend here, his cell was diagonal from mine. He unlocked his cell and stepped out. He didn't have chains I never knew why but I don't question it.
"You coming with?" I said as I gestured to the exit when I saw his hesitance.
"I'm gonna let these guys out first, you go on ahead."
"Alright, meet me at shadow pack. I'm in need of a new beta." We both smiled and he nodded I grabbed ahold of Annabelle's hand running with her to the exit. I tried to ignore the tingles rushing through my body at the contact as we ran through the trees.
Leaves crunched under our feet as we ran far away from the compound I was held at for so long. I took in our surroundings, it would be another hour of running in this form till we got to my pack.
Annabelle panted out of breath as she stumbled over branches and roots trailing behind me. I stopped and she stopped beside me falling to her knees.
"I'm going to shift I'm going to need you to jump on my back and hold on tight baby." I said softly liking the blush my term of enderment made on her face. I shifted into my huge brown wolf. My wolf was much bigger then the average alpha wolf, it towered over my small mate. She gasped and took in my appearance, she got up and slowly walked over to me. She raised her hand and I bent my head down for her to pet me. She ran her hand threw my furr eliciting a low rumble in my chest.
"Beautiful..." She said quietly to herself. Zeke's chest puffed up in pride and he struted around in my mind. I chuckled in my head at his behaviour.
I crouched down in my wolf form so Annabelle could get on my back. I waited till had a good grip on my furr then I started off at a slow trott. I slowly picked up speed making sure she didn't fall off. The wind swept threw my furr and Annabelle giggled as I jumped over a log.
I slowed to a stop in front of a big mansion, my pack house.
Home at last.