"Wanna tell me what happened?" Harrison asked as he caressed your back, trying to calm you down.

You told Harrison what happened, making him sit there in silence for about five minutes, not knowing what to say. Hell, Tom's words broke HIS heart. The blonde boy didn't know what had gotten into his friend and he sure as hell was going to find out why this idiot said those things. There was no way Tom did what he did without a reason, Tom loved you more than anything else. It had always been Tom and you. Harrison was already writing a speech to your wedding in his head. What had happened that made the boy say those words?

Tom, on the other hand, didn't have a date. He had lied to you. He didn't have a date in months. He drove just outside of town where nobody could see or hear him. He got out of his car and let out the most heartbreaking scream before almost drowning himself in his own tears.

Tom didn't want you out of his life. He needed you, but he couldn't take the daily heartbreak of knowing that you weren't in love with him - that you didn't love him like he loved you.

Tom heard his phone buzz but ignored it. He knew it was Harrison, he knew it was him because he knew you had told him what had happened. Who else would you go to, now that Tom told you to leave him alone?

Tom hated himself for doing this. He couldn't get your face out of his head. He saw the tears that were starting to form in your eyes and he knew he had to get away. He had to get away, because if he wouldn't have gone, he would've wrapped you up in his arms, he would've told you how much he loved you and how much you meant to him. The boy was scared to ruin your friendship with his feelings, but instead he fucked everything up even more.

Did he really prefer never seeing you again to just being your friend? He wasn't so sure, but there was no going back now. He'd forget you and you would find someone - someone you would love as much as they loved you. He knew that person wasn't him.

On that day, he didn't only break your heart - he broke his own as well.

Thinking back to that day, being in Tom's arms felt like a dream. A dream you would wake up to tomorrow just to realize that that's everything it was - something you wished would be your reality again.

Tom still didn't know how he felt about being this close to you again. He lied to himself - and Harrison - when he said he didn't care about you. He lied to himself when he said his life was better without you and he lied to himself when he thought that getting over you and deleting you from his life was the best option he had.

Tom missed you. He missed his best friend. He missed what the two of you had and he missed all the inside jokes you once shared. Of course, he lived his life, he had moved on and he was happy with how everything turned out, but sometimes he felt like there was still something missing and sitting there with you, he knew he found the missing part.

You were drifting off to sleep when you felt Tom rubbing your arm. You knew that this was it. The end of something that barely started again. The end of something that should've never ended in the first place. The end of something that was once all you needed to be happy.

"You should get some rest." Tom smiled at you as you left his grip and got up on your feet. This was it.

"Yeah, I guess." You managed to put a smile on your face. For the first time that night you felt strong enough to look him in the eyes - the gorgeous brown eyes you once fell in love with, the brown eyes that once made you go weak in your knees. Eyes that now only reminded you of a broken heart.

"Goodnight, (Y/N)." He smiled one last time before turning around to walk towards the Holland's front door.

"Night, Tommy." You whispered as your eyes followed him all the way to the front door. You were pretty sure he didn't hear you, but just as he had gotten to the front door he turned back around.

"Sleep well, Sunshine." He said, calling you by the name he hadn't called you since you were 16.

"Happy Birthday." Tom stood in front of you with a small box in his hand. He smiled his softest smile as he pulled you into a hug.

"Thanks Tommy."

"Um, yeah, this is for you, made me think of you when I saw it." He blushed as he handed you the small box. As you opened the box, it revealed a beautiful necklace. Pulling it out of the box you saw the small pendant - it was a sun with your birthstone in it.

"It's so pretty. Thank you so much, Tom." You smiled at the boy in front of you before pulling him into another hug.

"Want me to help you put it on?" You nodded, pulling up your hair so Tom could put the necklace around your neck and close the clip.

"Be honest, did your mother get this?" You laughed turning around to face him.

"No, and this is probably the first time I'm being honest when I say I bought it myself." He laughed.

"Made me think of you, because you're my little Sunshine. Because somehow you alway manage to brighten up my day whenever I feel down." He smiled, making your heart skip a beat.

You stood in your room, a small smile on your face and your fingers tracing over the little sun in your hands. You still had the necklace stored away in the box it once came in. You stopped wearing the necklace about a year after Tom walked out of your life. It reminded you of the friendship the two of you had and you never had the heart to take it off. It reminded you of better days. It reminded you of the Tom that once told you, that you were his Sunshine.

"You're all I need in my life"

Lies.