When he was done with his shower, he went straight to the dining area and approached Sarah who was preoccupied in setting up his dinner, her face still pained and sad.

“Your dinner is ready, Ge.” She coldly said to him, her voiced obviously still pained. She then turned around her back to him and walked towards the stair case leading to their bedroom. She climbed the stairs without uttering a word.

He shook his head, frustrated with himself as he let her be. He then started with his food as soon as the plate was clear; he lifted it up and brought it to the kitchen sink. He then climbed up the stair two steps at a time and silently and carefully entered the bedroom.

He saw his wife laid on the bed on her side, her back facing his. He silently approached her and kneeled before her. Her eyes were closed but there are still tears flowing from it. He gently touched her tear stained cheek and rubbed it with his thumb.

“I am sorry, babe. I don’t mean to hurt you.” He softly whispered to her. She opened her eyes and looked at him, her pain still evident.

Alam mo Ge, anong problema sa iyo. Sa sobrang pag protekta mo sa akin, feeling ko hindi mo ako asawa. Hindi mo man lang masabi sa akin problema mo at mga gumugulo sa isip mo. Nakakainis para kasing ayaw mo tulungan kita.” She angrily hissed at him as she closed her eyes again. “Matulog ka na.” She added, her eyes still closed.

Gerald decided not to argue with his wife. He frustrated her immensely already that he decided to follow her command and sleep.

He was tossing and turning that night at around two am he decided to get up from bed and clear his troubled head outside. He then opened the door through the room’s balcony. He stepped outside and inhaled the still early morning air.

“What if Sarah discovered Iza’s miscarriage? What if Jake continued to ruin him? Anong gagawin ko sa gustong mangyari ni Iza? What if I lost my wife?” He asked himself and was trying to think of a way how to solve all his troubles.

“I Love Sarah so much, yun lang ang alam ko.” He muttered to himself as he ran his hand trough his hair. He was stunned when he felt Sarah suddenly stood beside him, her eyes on the dark night sky. “Sorry about earlier, Babe, I just can’t control it anymore.” She softly told him while her eyes still staring up at the sky. He turned his body and faced her. He lifted his hand and turned her face towards his. “It was my fault, Love. I should be the one to apologize.” He started. “I am sorry, Love.” He added. Sarah nodded at him as she gave him a sweet smile. He slowly smiled at her, and lowered his head to her as he touched his lips with hers and gave her a heartfelt kiss. When they ended the kiss, he slowly lifted his head to look at her. He was taken aback when he saw her eyes are somewhat teary.  “Why are you crying, Love?” He asked her with concerned voice. Sarah shook her head lightly and smiled at him. “I guess I am just emotional. Sabi nila normal lang yun.” She  mysteriously  told him.

He gave her a confuse look. “What do you mean normal lang yun?” He asked her still bewildered. Sarah lightly laughed at his confuse expression and slowly grabbed his hand and placed it to her stomach. He gave her a questioning eye and was about to ask her but she suddenly spoke up.

“I am almost two months pregnant, Babe. I’ve learned about it after we got back from Thailand. I was meaning to tell you but we’ve been preoccupied with concerns lately. I decided to delay it first. I am sorry if I hid it from you.” She softly told him.

His mouth was hanging open, he does not know if he was frustrated because she hid it from him or because he was shocked knowing they are expecting. He was emotionally speechless when Sarah again looked at him, his hands still caressing her still flat stomach.