His Arrival

Three years ago, if you had said that I'd be the head chef at Trois Mec, I'd have laughed in your face. But now, it's real. My dream became reality and I'm still surprised. Chef Gordon Ramsay agreed to come and check out the restaurant. The staff and I were preparing for his arrival. I was standing by the front door, waiting. The door opened, and Chef Ramsay walked in. My heart was racing, it was a struggle to move or talk.

"H-hello, Chef Ramsay. Welcome to Trois Mec."

"Oh hello. And who might you be, love?" When I heard that beautiful British accent, I choked.  

"My name is Marina. I am the head chef here."

"So you are the one who called me, yeah? Hm. Well, what seems to be the problem in this lovely place?"

"Well, lately I've been feeling that the staff members have been slacking off. I was hoping you could help us."

"Of course I can! I'm Chef Gordon Ramsay after all!" He clapped his hands together and began glancing around at the few customers eating, studying their faces when they took their bites. 

"Haha. Yes you are. If you would please follow me to your seat." I grabbed a menu and lead him to a table. I headed towards the kitchen when a waitress came to take his order. I knew Chef Ramsay was always nice to his waitress, so I figured she wouldn't have any trouble.

"Oh Chef Ramsay I am such a fan!" the waitress told Chef Ramsay.

"Oh well thank you very much."

"So do you know what you'd like to order?"

"Um, yes I'll have the pork and potatoes."

"Yes, sir. We'll have that right out."

"Thank you."

The waitress headed towards me yelling, "Chef Ramsay wants pork and potatoes!"

"Coming up!" I worked with my executive chef making the dish. The waitress, Rhiana, started up a conversation with me. "So how about Chef Ramsay?"

"What about him?"

"He's fuckin hot! That's what!"

"Eh."

"Eh? What the hell ya mean "eh"?!"

"I mean, he's okay. He's not my type." God, if only she knew.

"Mhm. Sure."

"Alright. Pork and potatoes are done! So get outta here." I mocked her Jersey accent.

"Okay, fine. I'm going. But don't think this conversation is over!"

"Sure thing."

Rhiana took the dish out to Chef Ramsay as I waited for his comments on it.

Rhiana stood by his side as he took his first bite.

"It's raw."

"Oh I am so sorry. I'll just take it back to head chef."

"Please do."

Rhiana approached me with a look on her face. "So?" I asked.

"He said it was raw."

"Oh. Damn it. Okay. I'll fix it."

Chef Ramsay kept ordering and I kept cooking. It was hard. I expected it to be, though. It IS Chef Ramsay after all.

"May I see the head chef?" Chef Ramsay asked Rhiana.

"Of course. Right this way."

Rhiana ran in before him warning me. "Oh um. Do I look okay?" I asked her.

"Oh "not my type" my ass!"

"Okay okay. I'm just a fan though, it's not like he's going to fall in love with me."

"Hm. I don't know. You're a pretty groovy girl, Marina."

"Really? "Groovy?""

"What?! I like that word! It fits you!"

Just then Chef Ramsay walked in. "Wha-what was that running about, miss?"

"Oh I'm sorry, Chef hottie- I MEAN CHEF RAMSAY! My name is Rhiana by the way. I just um, am really quick I guess," she nervously laughed. I couldn't hold in  my laugh and started giggling. Chef Ramsay was laughing as well. "Well you were thinking it. I just said it," Rhiana whispered to me. I sucked in a breath and cleared my throat. "Well, Chef Ramsay, this," I pointed to my executive chef, "is Micheal. And the waitress here is Rhiana. I am Marina as you already know."

"Very nice to meet you all! Now I do have a few complaints with some of the food..." Chef Ramsay went on and on with complaints about the food we cook. Hell, if he had to write them out it'd take him hours. "Oh my. I am so sorry about that."

"But that is why you called me, yes?"

"Yes." That and to stare at you, you sexy beast. Wait. no! He is here to help, only! Jesus Christ! Pull yourself together, Marina! "Uhm, earth to Marina," Rhiana waved her hand in front of my face.

"Huh? Oh yes sorry!"

"What were you thinking about?"

"Mm? Oh nothing."

Chef Ramsay explored the kitchen.

We both turned to watch him. "You were thinking about him weren't you?" she smirked.

"Mmm...maybe," I sauntered over to Chef Ramsay.