Chapter 8

Shiro’s POV

            It was the day of Prefectural’s! I got up and made a good breakfast for both Haru and I. We quickly ate and headed out the door with Makoto.

            For some reason Makoto had a different vibe or aura to him. Not only was he happy but he has his super competitive mode on. I was happy for him.

            Me: Ne, Makoto?

            Makoto: What is it?

            Me: You really want to win against Haru for 200 meters freestyle don’t you?

            Makoto: …

            Me: You’re jealous of Rin aren’t you?

            Makoto: …

            Me: Don’t worry so much. Haru is still your Haru. He’s your best friend, he won’t go and find another best friend, you know?

            We all arrived at where the event was held at. We saw Samezukas team and we also saw Seijuurou-san. We then went inside to check out the pool. I then went to sit down on the benches while Nagisa went to get changed.

            Nagisa saw his parents and was super happy. He gave it his all in swimming that last 50 meters and got first place.

            Then it was Makoto’s turn to swim. And of course I was filming the competitions that they were all in for. Also, Makoto won another first place for us.

            It was Rei’s turn to swim for butterfly. Because he had no competition he won first place for his heat.

            Then it was time for lunch. I ate silently as everyone else talked. After lunch it was men’s 200m first. Because Makoto didn’t want Haru to go easy on him he went full on with the race. He used up all his energy during the first 100m. It was obvious that Makoto was sad that he lost to Haru.

            The race for Haru and Rin is about to start. Both Rin and Haru and were neck and neck however, Haru won by 0.02 seconds.

            It was finally my turn. I got up and went to change. It was my turn to swim 100m freestyle and with a new swimsuit that matched the guys I was ready. I got my goggles, swimming cap, and my Iwatobi jersey and walked out. I was fully prepared for this race. We walked out of the change rooms and to the pool.

            Ref: Ready….

            And then he blows the whistle.

Sasabe: Go, go, go, go Shiro!

Everyone else: Go, go, go, go Shiro!

I swam ahead of everyone by a couple of meters and won. I did the same thing for 200m freestyle as well. I got out of the pool, grabbed my jacket and left to go change. Once I got out I got tackled by everyone with hugs and everything.

Gou: Shiro-senpai, you beat your own personal record and you beat another swimming record!

Me: I see.

Haru then tapped on my shoulder to tell me that my family was here to talk to me.

Father: You did a wonderful job, Shiro. I am very impressed; I hear that you broke another record.

Me: Yeah, I did.

My mother looks as if she was about to cry.

Yuuto: Good job kid.

Chouko: Nee-chan, that was awesome! You were like a dolphin!

Me: Thanks.

Mother: Shiro…I am so proud of you! You swam beautifully out there and I couldn’t keep my eyes off of you! You shone like a star! 

Me: Thank you. Please excuse me. I must take my leave now.

I bowed and excused myself from the conversation. Haru turned to look at me and I jogged a bit to catch up with him. While we were walking his hand bumped into mine and we held hands all the way home.

Me: Good job out there, all of you guys.

Makoto: You too, Shiro. You set new records! Who would’ve thought you were capable of that.

Me: How about everyone comes over to our house and I’ll make us all dinner?

Nagisa and Gou: YAY!

Rei: That would be nice.

Makoto: Ano… I’ll have to call my mom though…

I forced Makoto to walk with us even though he told us that he didn’t want to cockblock us but, we still forced him to anyways.