Gou:…Eh? Sousuke-kun was, like that?

            Me: Only when it came to your brother…he still is like that now but better. Rin didn’t think that Sousuke would act like that either…but he did.

            Gou: So… is that why Haruka-senpai doesn’t like Sousuke either?

            Me: That and because of something else that happened after Rin had left. It was during one of the tournaments we had. Haru will tell you when he is ready. Don’t worry.

            Haru: The one that should be worried is you. 

            Makoto: Yes, of course… after all you did beat Sousuke at his own game.

            Gou: Eh??!??!?!?!?!? Shiro-senpai… beat Sousuke-kun????

            Makoto: Yup. Plenty of times too… he even challenged her, but every time he did, he lost.

            Gou: Wow… Shiro-senpai must be awesome

            Nagisa: Maybe if you focused on her competitions more you would see that Shi-chan is an awesome swimmer.

            Me: Nagisa, I appreciate it if you don’t appear near my feet.

            Nagisa: Why?

            Me: Because then I can do this.

            I started splashing water at him in the face with my feet.

            Nagisa: HEY! That wasn’t fair.

            Me: Warned you.

            Over the couple of days, Rei have been late and making excuses not to hang out with us for some reason. It became very frequent so Nagisa went to check up on him on Sundays. Nagisa told us that he usually studies at home on Sundays, and that he is never out.

            We told Sasabe-san and he told us that he was lovesick or something like that. I just face palmed and went with it. Gou went to check up on him after school to see what was happening. Apparently, he ran away from her after he finished laughing and told her that he has “urgent business” to take care of. We all waited for him at the club room with our arms crossed.

We asked him if he was going to leave early today for some errands again as well and Rei answered yes. We then had an emergency meeting at Haru’s house. However, when we got there and I served tea, the room was silent. Makoto kept passing it off to people and avoiding the topic. Rei was about to leave before Nagisa grabbed his leg stopping Rei from leaving Haru’s house.

Then, we explained to Rei we thought he was going to leave the swimming team for the track team again. Rei looked at us and told us that he wasn’t planning to do so. So, we followed him all the way to Samezuka Academy and peaked through the window of the school where it showed Rei learning how to swim the different styles taught by Rin.

We were all surprised at what he was doing. We didn’t expect it but we were happy that at least he was trying hard for our sake. We all watched a bit longer before heading home.

            The next day, Rei told us that he has something to show us. I got my camera out and watched as he was able to swim the other three strokes. I was happy to see that his hard work paid off. However, the others lacked enthusiasm after seeing him swim the strokes. Gou scolded them and continue cheering for Rei as he successfully swam his way across using all three strokes without sinking to the bottom.

            They all just looked at my expression and smiled happily and laughed as well. I suppose being happy is contagious.

            Everyone crowded around the next day to look at the pictures I have taken from the events we have been attending to or even just at our pool back home. Everyone was crowding around me and was so close, I really felt happy, blessed, and loved.

            Nagisa: Eh? Shi-chan. You aren’t looking at the pictures yet you look like you saw your soul mate. What’s wrong?

            Me: *laughs* Nothing, I’m just thinking how happy and blessed I am to have you all as friends.

            Makoto: *chuckles* Typical Shiro, you still think about these things a lot.

            Me: Well, of course! You all are like family to me!

            Nagisa: And Haru’s your husband…. NO WAIT! Haru-chan and Mako-chan are the husband and wife! And Shi-chan can be the baby!

            Me: Wait, what?! Why am I the baby? You be the baby Nagisa! Unless you want to be married off to Rei!

            Nagisa: EH!?!?!??!?!?

            We all just giggled and laughed at our stupidity and continued to look at the pictures.