2.7 Departing to Wu Shan Sect

Start from the beginning

The blue attired youth was already a highest-ranked Martial-Artist, merely a feather away from breaking-through to be an Enlightened

The blue attired youth was already a highest-ranked Martial-Artist, merely a feather away from breaking-through to be an Enlightened. If Sage Shen Zheng did not tell him that he intended to go to Zuo Imperial Palace to fetch Zuo ZhouLei, Shen Wei would probably already be in a closed-door meditation and would break through in a few months time.

However, obviously nothing was as important as his shidi. What was another few months of waiting to break-through? Shen Wei definitely had to make sure his new shidi would not bear any grievance or sadness as the latter parted from Lady Shuan. Breaking-through, this matter, could just be attended to when ZhouLei shidi arrived safe and sound, and settle down at Wu Shan sect.

In fact, this was not the first time Shen Wei had visited Zuo Imperial Palace since ZhouLei was born. The Martial-Artist had always treated the Palace as a mandatory place of visit every time he had run errands on behalf of the sect.

He was proud to say that his effort definitely paid off – ZhouLei was closer to Shen Wei than to any Princes and children inside the Palace.

Perhaps it was ZhouLei's keen interest in the cultivation world; he always greedily absorbed the knowledge that Shen Wei imparted to him during every visit. Shen Wei did not mind at all; after witnessing ZhouLei's talent, he was convinced that the child was definitely blessed by the heavens, hence the curious phenomenon the sky had displayed during his birth.

This shidi of his, would definitely be someone who would shake the cultivation world.

"Shixiong." ZhouLei decisively left the still sobbing Shan'er who furrowed her brows due to his sudden neglect. He walked towards Shen Wei, then bowed in greeting.

Shen Wei cast a glance at the girl, who hesitated for a few moments, then finally sighed and left with her maid. Shen Wei laughed inwardly before shifting his attention once more to ZhouLei.

"Shidi. It is almost time for us to go. Shifu asked me to fetch you, and we shall wait for him by the gate. Do you need to say your final goodbye to your Mother?

ZhouLei shook his head, "Did that." His face was still indifferent despite his actual departure getting closer by the second.

Shen Wei sighed inwardly. He could never understand Lady Shuan – his DaShijie's way of thinking. She obviously loved her son, but everytime Shen Wei got to observe the relationship between the pair of mother and soon, it was lukewarm at most.

Although ZhouLei was deprived of nothing, and was loved as well, it was just enough. Shuan Bing always seemed to keep a distance from ZhouLei.

One time, Shen Wei visited when ZhouLei was still just learning to crawl. The little prince fell off one flight of stairs, and despite how worried Shuan Bing looked when the prince cried loudly, she did not try to comfort him.