"Declan..." he relented. I took note that he did not reveal a last name but who was I to judge. I nodded.

"Well, get some rest. You've had a long day and tomorrow is already on it's way." He eyed me a bit more as I turned to the others. "Little Fish, sleep with Enut tonight. This man shall have our bed."

"Where will you sleep?"

"Here," I gestured, waving them off. "He needs it all more than I. Come, time for bed," I changed dialect. I stood and scooped Little Fish into my arms. I smiled and pressed several kisses to her forehead and cheeks as Enut got in his bed. I carried her over and laid her down, smiling and curling some hair behind her ear. "Sleep. Tomorrow awaits us."

"Goodnight," she cooed.

"Goodnight," Enut smiled, draping the furs over his and Fish's body. I smiled and bade them a goodnight before turning to the fire in the middle of the pit. I sat and made myself comfortable, wrapping an extra pelt over me and under me. I stoked the fire some so it wasn't quite roaring but wasn't simply embers either.

"Where do you sleep?" the deep, ravely voice asked me. He sounded quite different than any and all men I've encountered. It was weirdly refreshing.

"Where you lay now, but no worries. It is not uncommon for me to remain awake or sleep elsewhere. Sleep now, Mister Declan. Restore your energy."

He nodded, laying his head down as I knew exhaustion took it's hold of him. He'd need a few days to recover before even thinking of walking.

*

Our guest was not as much of a burden as I'd have thought. He was kind, willing to help despite him on bed-rest. He didn't like that one bit but when I reminded him of my hospitality and that he was in our house, he quelled his fighting. Only to a smaller degree, however. He still was not happy with it but he'd have to deal.

One morning, we were all awake. I was mending one of Enut's old shirts as Declan laid on the bedding. He was clashing rocks against each other, Little Fish having retrieved them for him. It looked as if he were sharpening them, clashing and chipping away the edges. Enut looked intrigued, kneeling close to him to watch the weaponry.

Fish watched too though with her usual blank stare.

Declan didn't speak a lick of their tongue and they in return could only understand the basics. Under Enut's intense eye, Declan read the room. He smiled a bit, holding up a newly widdled hand and placed the sharpened rock against it. Enut understood then, smiling and nodding. When the man stood, I looked up.

The man of the tent reached for a large white coat, removing it from it's resting place and brought it towards our house-guest. I watched with perked brows, Little Fish watching as well. He never spoke, simply held the furs out as Declan looked up.

He glanced at me, me smiling lightly and nodding. He placed the rocks down before standing with a small grunt. I shifted a bit, not liking how he still swayed a bit but also knowing he was decently healed by now. He gestured to the coat, "me?"

Enut nodded and helped the larger man shuffle into the fur. He grunted, my eyes watching as he adjusted the large coat. I knew it belonged to Fish's father, he too being a man larger than life. I smiled and watched as Enut adjusted the coat, situating the hood and shoulders as he looked in admiration. "Yes! Fits you perfect."

"He's not yet healed completely," I stood, watching as Enut grabbed a spear.

"He is good," Enut remarked causally. He turned, holding the spear and looking right at Declan. He smiled some, nodding and holding the weapon out a bit. He nodded, gesturing to the entrance of the tent that would lead them outside.