Chapter 6

When I finally got home, it was past one. My grandmothers going to kill me. Before I got out of the car, Tyler kissed me one last time and it felt as good as the first. 

"Are you sure you don't want me to walk you in?" 

"I'm positive, Tyler. If you do and my Grandmother see's you, she might kill you." I said jokingly. 

"Okay," he sighed and then smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow?" 

"Duh. We have 1st period together don't we?" I smiled back. 

"Okay. Bye Rachelle," he said and then drove off. 

I knew before I even got to the door that I was in major trouble. Gran's thoughts were filling up my head like air fills up a balloon. I knew I shouldn't have let her go to meet that bloodsucker! I said to be home by 11 o' clock. It's 1:32! Where the hell is she?! 

Wow! She must be really mad. She never curses (yes she considers hell a curse word). Not even in her thoughts. But, I've been out this late before and she never acted like this. Wonder why she's so worried. Guess I'm about to figure out. 

I slowly walked into the house and to my fate. Little did I expect for Gran to run up to me and pull me into a bear hug.  

"Oh my gosh, Rachelle! I was so worried about you! I don't ever want-" she stopped when she looked at me. "Rachelle! What happened sweetie?!" she yelled. 

"Umm... I sort of got in a fight... with a vampire." I mumbled while I went to go sit on the couch. I was getting really dizzy. 

"So he is one? I knew it! And he hit you? Rachelle, you're never seeing him again!" she yelled. God, she was overprotective. 

"Gran! I didn't fight him. I fought his brother. And, yes, he is a vampire, but he's not dangerous, Gran. I promise. He protected me tonight." I tried to convince her. 

"I said no! I don't care how non-dangerous he is! You are not going to see him anymore and that's final!" 

"No, Grandmother, it's not. I'm definitely going to be seeing him again. You can't do anything about it. He's the first person I actually like in this stupid town! You can't take that away from me." I yell. When I said that, she got up close to my face and said two words in a low, angry voice. 

"Watch me," she said and started walking away. That was all I could take from her from tonight. I wasn't going to let her ruin my life like she has been for the past ten years. 

"No. You watch me." I said in a slow calm voice. 

"Excuse me?" she asked me incredulously. She stopped walking, but her back was still turned to me. 

"I said watch me. Turn around and look at me." I had so much power in my voice that it kind of scared me, but I was to mad to pay attention at the moment. Slowly, she turned on her heels and faced me. She had fear in her eyes, but I got a pleasure out of seeing it. That was real weird. I walked up to her and spoke low and slowly so I could get my point across. 

"You are done bossing me around. I will do whatever I want, whenever I want. Your not going to act like you own me anymore. And, if you ever try to keep me from doing something, I will do much worst than this." I threatened. "Now, I am going to Tyler's tonight. Don't try to check on me. I won't answer." After saying all of this, I slowly grabbed my car keys and walked to the door. Once out of the house, I hurried and, without a second thought, started to drive to Tyler's house. Then a thought hit me. I have no idea where his house is. I pulled over to the side of the road, pulled out my cell phone, and dialed his number. 

"Hello?" said a deep, sexy voice that I loved so much. 

"Umm... Hey Tyler. I was wondering if I could come over tonight. I sort of had a fight with my Gran and I don't want to stay at home. So is it ok?" I rambled nervously. I wonder where all my fearless talking went. 

"Of course you can come. Do you know where?" he asked. I could literally hear the smile in his voice. 

"Nope. That was one of the reasons I called." I said. He quickly gave me the address and I was just as fast to speed to his house.

****

I finally got to his house after taking wrong turn after wrong turn. When I stepped out of the car, I realized that he must have saved loads of money over the years because his house was huge. I practically ran to the door and knocked quickly. When the door opened I was surprised to see a shirtless Zachary in the threshold. I couldn't help but stare at what I saw. He was just as sexy as Tyler, which wasn't surprising considering they are brothers. 

"Rachelle! Oh this is perfect! Please, do come in. I have been dying to see you again!" he said in mock excitement. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" I narrowed my eyes. 

"Oh just having fun with my beloved little brother! We've had a lot of catching up to do. And, now I have you to play with! I love this!" he said in a sarcastic voice. Then, he bent down to my ear and whispered, "You know, Tyler's been dying to see you, too. Literally." He stood up straight and laughed when he saw my face. 

"Get out of my way you stupid idiot." I said pushing him away from the door. When I finally got in, I was even more surprised at what I saw than I was when I saw Zachary. 

"Isn't it beautiful?" Zachary whispered.