News

The next day, the others go off on their first exwire mission. Rin, Shima and Izumo are pair up to go investigate a demon called the Kraken and is lurking in the depths of the sea, also several sightings have been reported and also a father of a young boy has also gone missing, saying he went out to sea in search of the beast. Their supposed to be there for about two to three days, depending on what it is they are supposed to be doing.

Bon, Konekomaru, Yukio, Yamada the guy with the hoodie and Takara the kid with the puppet are off doing another mission I don’t know about and I was told that I was staying here to do paper work for Mephisto so he can have what I stated on paper. He said he may have to give it to the Gregori but I don’t know if he actually would since only a few now about me and the Japan Branch doesn’t even know about the incident or me being possibly Satan’s half daughter. I guess my parents never actually said anything, which at this point I don’t know if it’s a good thing or bad.

I sit in his office with a bit of paper work in front of me to fill out. It was the profile sheet that they made us do in the very beginning which only took me a second to fill out, but this one has other questions stating what I am, who my parents are, if I have a familiar and to describe it, then there’s questions on my looks, my powers, strength level but it says that that is a physical exam to do. Great that will just be splendid.

I fill out the sheet quick then I’m go down into a room with a few teachers who are there to act as judges. The room looks like a gym and the teachers are around it. They first stand me in front of a table which has three candles on top of it. They say that I have to light the two sides first then extinguish it and light the middle. This test is to see how much control I have over my flames even though I just revealed them not too long ago and haven’t practiced. I stand there in front of them, trying to think how I’m gonna do this, then I get an idea. I grab my sword and unsheathe it, feeling more control when it’s out and in my hand which makes sense to me since my power is stored in it.

I close my eyes and imagine the candles as if they were people I care about, so in this case it would be Rin and Yukio. I think about them standing there at the sides and Satan in the middle. I then open my eyes, turning my hand and see the one candle light. I smile at my progress. I must have a lot of control for this. I think to myself. I lick my index and thumb then put my fingers on the wick, putting the flames out then I focus on lighting the middle, imagining it as Night now and the sides are again Satan and the wolf I summoned earlier whom is one of Satan’s helpers. I then see the sides also light.

I hear the teachers all say ‘whoa’ and then some clap. They all write stuff down and then I’m moved to a batting cage. One tells me that it’s a cage to practice with hitting and killing demons that need to be exorcised. They put me on beginners and I do it then realize it’s too slow. I tell them to kick it up and I do it, I end up being at the top level hitting all the balls. Mephisto then comes up when the level is complete.

“So Raven. I see on your Meister sheet that you picked a Knight, a Dragoon and Tamer. Which I can see that you have a familiar whom goes by the name as Night. Right?” he asks and I nod. “So with further ado, we need to see how you do with guns as well.”

They give me a pair of guns and a belt with several cartridges scattered throughout it. I feel it over and memorize where all the full cartridges are. I tell them to put it on the same level and get to work. I quickly shoot at the targets with spontaneous and miraculous speed that has most the teachers mouths dropped. Once I’m done, I turn around and see all of them staring at me, even Mephisto then they all start clapping, I then step out of the cage, going over to the table. I put the guns away in the holders on my back then put my sword away into its sheath. Mephisto then comes over.

“That was absolutely marvelous Raven. I haven’t seen that much skill in a youngster like you in ages.” He says clapping slowly. “You did wonderful but by the way, I would like to talk to you in my office later after this is done.”

He smiles broadly and I lightly smile then nod. Great, what does he wanna talk about now. After, they do a physical check, looking at my fangs, eyes, and tail mainly to see how much of a difference has changed but see that it’s not much of one. They measure my tail, seeing that it’s about 3ft 7in, which is pretty long but grows longer when in demon form, it reaches about 5ft 8in, which is as tall as Rin, well his case would be height but whatever. They then take measurements of my height, my weight, my body mass like how much fat and muscle I have, which seems to be a lot of muscle since I activated my flames, my muscles grew about seven percent, which means I can probably pick up Rin or Yukio even, since he’s heavier than Rin. I’ve never been able to even lift Rin or Yukio before but now I can.

I smile at the idea which I know they would freak out at, being lifted up. After the check up, they dismiss me and I head over to Mephisto’s office.

I knock and wait.

“Come in.” I hear him say.

I open the door and walk in. I see Amaimon leaning on the window ceil sucking on a lollipop.

“Please Raven, come in and sit.” Mephisto says sitting at his desk with his elbows up on the desk and hands folded under his chin.

I sit on the chair feeling Amaimon’s eyes on me, watching my every move. I sit there, cross my legs and lean back into the chair.

“What would you like Mephisto?” I ask.

“Well I was letting you know that from here on in, you will be another look out for Rin Okumura. Almost like another guardian but I would also like you to train him, teach him how to control his flames.”

“Well that’s not really a big deal, I’ve already been asked that by Shiro. So that job is already covered but why train him.” I ask. “Don’t you have other people for that?”

“Well I do, but none would want to train him without risking their lives. So I’m putting you in charge since you’re on the same page as him and have more control. There is no one better then you Raven.”

“Well that’s just great.” I mumble to myself.

“Ok well, that is all you may leave if you want.” Mephisto says.

I get up and leave, heading to the dorms. I go to my room and change into my pajamas. I look at the time and see it’s almost 9 by now. I close my eyes thinking then soon fall asleep.