Chapter 2: Wait, WHAT?!

Naru took a step closer. Then Aztzazumi pulled the trigger. Thats when Lin came out. Aztzazumi let go of me and ran out the door.

3rd person POV

Mai screamed so loud it left Lin and Naru's ears ringing. Naru shouted "CALL AN AMBULANCE LIN" While he ran and picked up Mai and held her close. After about 3 minutes an abundance and put Mai on a stretch board.

Mai POV

The ambulance then took me into the back of the car. Naru came in and stayed with me while Lin went to go find Aztzazumi. Then everything was all black.

~

~

~

Time skip~~~

I opened my eyes. It was far too bright for my liking when I wake up. I groaned and flipped over. I finally opened my eyes and sat up very slowly. I looked around and saw only Monk, Ayako and wait Naru? "Hey kiddo how you feeling?" Monk asked.  Then i remembered i was shot in the shoulder. I felt really really really "Sore." I groaned and laid back down.  "hey, did anyone ever catch Aztzazumi?" I asked while my arm was on my forehead. "No, but the police are looking for him" Naru said in his usual cold voice. "Well I have to go kiddo, ill see you later" Monk said. "I hope you feel better, I have to go too" Ayako said. They both got up and left. Leaving me with the most cold hearted  narcissistic known to man. Then I started to think about how Ayako and Monk suspiciously left together leaving Naru and I together.....alone. I suddenly felt a nudge on my back. My eyes widened. I felt it again but this time, with more force, causing me to fall off the bed. Before either Naru or I could say anything the light went out. Then I heard footsteps coming closer to me. "Mai stay calm" Luckily it was Naru. I suddenly felt arms around me. My heart was beating so fast, my eyes were as wide as can be, my breathing grew frantic. Then a certain narcissist whispered in my ear "Mai, I told you to stay calm." A deep blush appeared on my cheeks. My breathing went back to normal. Then the lights came on. "What was that all about" I said in a sort of a whisper. Then i got up and laid back down and got lost in thought about why Naru put his arms around me. I eventually fell asleep. About a week later i was let out of the hospital and was back at SPR. "Mai, tea!" I rolled my eyes and got up. I have made him about 20 CUPS OF TEA IN THE LAST I DONT 30 MINUTES! I walked in his office and nearly slammed the tea down and stormed out. Then the phone rang. I picked up and before i could say anything the person on the other line said "Hello, is this Mai Taniyama? "Uh yes" "Hello I am the former head police, and we called to say that someone has burnt your apartment down, now we were able to retrieve most of your belongings, but sadly only some perished in the fire, you will need a place to temporarily stay while its being re-built, thank you and goodbye" Then the line went dead. I stood there frozen, tears running down my cheeks. I slowly put the phone back. My knees got weak so i dropped to the floor. Then Naru came out probably about to complain about his tea not being ready, but thats the least of my worries right now. "Mai, whats- Mai, what happened?!" There was little puddles on the floor from my tears. I sobbed even more into my hands, i didnt want to answer at all. The only thought that was in my head right now was "what am I going to do?! where am I going to stay?!" I then felt. hand on my shoulder. It was Naru's. "Mai, what happened?" This time his tone wasnt cold or demanding, it sounded concerned. I took a deep breath and said "My apartment was burnt down, i know it was that Aztzazumi guy, what am i going to do, where am I going to stay?!" Naru then knelt down and wrapped me in his arms....WAIT, Naru being not cold hearted. My sobbing stopped and instead, a deep blush of all different shades appeared on my face. "There is an extra room here, you can stay there." I wiped away my tears and nodded my head.