Cleansed

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Glee or any of the characters.

•••

Kurt strode down the halls of Mckinley High School, holding his head high. He could feel people watching him, but he was used to it by now. Being the only openly gay person in school, he had no friends.

He passed Noah Puckerman at his locker, and quickly looked down and sped up.

Safe.

Next Kurt saw Matt Rutherford and Mike Chang walking towards him. Neither were holding slushies, but Kurt veered to the side to avoid them anyway.

Kurt saw the choir room up ahead, he was almost there. His safe place, his refuge.

He exhaled as he approached the door.

Freezing.

Wet.

Humiliated.

Kurt stopped short and rubbed the drink out of his eyes. He tasted the red.

The slushee dripping down his face covered the tears sliding down his cheeks.

Kurt heard David Karofsky's satisfied chuckle as he tossed the empty cup onto the floor by the lockers.

He recovered from the initial shock that always came with the attack and bolted to the bathroom. He threw his bag onto the tile floor and locked himself in the handicapped stall, falling against the wall and sliding down.

Nobody came in for a long time.

Kurt stayed hidden in the stall long after his sobs had subsided.

Suddenly the door to the bathroom opened and someone in dress shoes entered. Kurt could see red trousers under the stall.

He pushed himself up and took a few shaky breaths. He decided to clean himself off. The red dye would be caked into his hair by now, but it was worth a try.

"Oh my god, what happened? Are you okay?" Kurt glanced up to see the other boy staring at him. He was shorter than Kurt, wearing red pants, a white collared shirt, and a bow tie. His hair was heavily gelled.

Very good looking.

"I'm fine," Kurt said shortly.

The boy walked to the other sink and washed his hands. Kurt continued to massage soap and water into his scalp.

"Do you need any help?" He asked.

Kurt paused. He'd always had to wash off alone. Maybe it would be nice to have some help for a change. Plus, he felt strangely drawn to this boy.

"Okay. I guess, unless you have to go to class."

"I'm in study hall."

Kurt nodded. "Kurt Hummel," he introduced himself.

"Blaine Anderson."

Blaine's hands were strong and gentle. They worked quietly.

Kurt rubbed his head with a towel once all the sugary liquid had been removed.

"Thank you for helping me," Kurt said.

"No problem." Blaine winked.

When they left the bathroom, Kurt and Blaine turned in opposite directions.

They never spoke again.