What Is This Feeling?

Start from the beginning

Serena didn't let all the excitement take away from her Quidditch practices. She had added an extra mile to their warm ups and every single person complained.

"I don't see how this helps us," breathed Malfoy as he jogged slowly behind Flint. "We – fly – on brooms!"

"The faster you can run, the faster you can fly!" snapped Serena. "Anymore complaining Draco and you won't be playing the match against Gryffindor!"

Malfoy had shut up but he wasn't happy about it. The team was finally beginning to listen to her. She figured it was because they were beginning to fear her. When it came close to game day, Serena's mind flipped a switch and was all-competition mode.
When the team had finished running their three miles, she instructed them to begin a scrimmage while she worked out some tactics in her notebook. Marcus flew down and headed over to her.

"Flint, what are you doing?" she snapped as she looked up. "You're supposed to be practicing."

"Easy Carrow," he said as he threw his broom on the ground. "I'm just here to make a suggestion."

"What kind of suggestion?"

"It's Thursday," he began.

"Oh, congratulations you've finally learned the days of the week," she said sarcastically as she turned back to her notebook.

"No," he said. "It's Thursday, which means we only have two days until the match against Gryffindor. I think you, me and Adrian need to work on some drills alone with Miles."

"Why?" asked Serena as she looked up again.

"Because, Wood is the best Keeper at Hogwarts, as much as I hate to admit it. We need to practice working together on strategies to bring him down. You and I both know how he plays."

She stared a Marcus for a minute. He did have a point. Oliver rarely let the Quaffle glide through the hoops.

"Okay," said Serena. "Once I finish up here you, me, Miles and Adrian will stay a few extra minutes."

"Fine," he said as he walked off and grabbed his broom.

Serena watched her team and called out instructions for the rest of practice. She flew around on her broom telling them what they were doing well, and what they needed to improve on. Yes, their brooms were fast, but Serena knew it doesn't matter how fast they are if you don't have good players riding them. By nine o'clock, she decided to call it a day.

"Hit the showers you three," she said as she pointed to Malfoy, Derrick and Bole. "I'm staying behind with these three to work on Offensive strategy."

Derrick, Bole and Malfoy seemed to be happy they didn't have to stay longer.

"Okay Miles, you know how Oliver Wood plays, right?" asked Serena.

"Yeah, he guards the center hoop, flies around all three occasionally and he's right handed so he tends to lean more towards the right," said Miles.

"Wow," said Serena with her eyebrows raised. "That's...impressive."

"I always study my opponents," he said. Maybe he wasn't such of a moron after all. She made a mental note to not give Olivia such a hard time about him.

"Okay, well I want you to play like Wood," said Serena as she mounted her broom. Marcus, Adrian and I will fly around trying to trip you up. Hopefully this will give us a better feel for what to expect on Saturday."

Serena kicked off from the ground and her teammates followed. Serena, Adrian and Marcus started off at the opposite end of the pitch and waited until Miles was in position. Serena started off with the Quaffle and passed it to Marcus. Marcus sped up, flew higher and dropped the Quaffle into Adrian's hands. Serena flew around the opposing hoops and then flew underneath Miles. Adrian passed her the Quaffle and she threw it, aiming for the left hoop. Miles was too quick on his broom and caught it.