Part 21: Blooming love

Start from the beginning

"There's so much going in and around this palace that you are blissfully unaware of, but I would suggest you to begin counting your time Devika for when I see you again, it would be to tell you to collect your belongings." And as unceremoniously as they had all arrived, they all left. The last statement was a whisper down her ear yet it reverberated throughout her mind her soul as if it was the last thing she will ever hear.

~~~

RUMOR

"Leave me alone my sweet brother....the oh-so-great heir and the world renown crowned prince of maniteek...please have mercy on me and leave me alone...." The hissing remark of his younger brother Chandra might have triggered a smile on his face on any other day but not now, not today since things were getting out of hand and he had to talk to him now. "Chandra, it's about your wife...listen to me before it's too late."

Not so surprisingly then, the younger prince halted in his steps, stayed deathly-quite in his spot for a few instants before turning around ferociously to affront his brother Roopak. "I see, you had been taking extraordinary interest in my wife from the very first day, dare I speculate...why?" The words by now had a more vicious turn than the angry jabs he had been braving all day but this was vital and he have to rely it to his brother no matter what.

"Rumors are going all around the palace that your wife had insulted queen Sunayna publicly, called her the '15th empress' to be precise."

"What?" Chandra's eyebrows arched in the middle of his forehead before his lips broke into a mellowed smile. "Darn! Did I miss the show!" He tusked before smirking at his elder brother. "Goodnight! I could not wait to ask Devika how the wench's face must have looked at that split second of humiliation."

"Don't let your mouth run off like that Chandra.....it's not recommendable, not for a prince who had been disowned once and surely not for a 19 years old naïve girl who had been in this palace for two nights, no more!" Roopak warned, after all it was no secret what kind of a scheming little thing that queen is.

"Tell your wife to steer clear of that woman, Chandra and tell that to yourself too."

"Steer clear?" Chandra scoffed at his face. "I was disowned because of that wench and her sister who tried to trap me into a marriage....my father ordered to have me beheaded. I lived and breathed in the stench air of old tents and slept in moth eaten mattresses like a vagabond."

"And you are saying....that I should control my language?" Chandra hissed again turning away to leave when Roopak reproached, "Yes, you have been disowned because of that queen, yes, father had ordered to have you decapitated because of that queen and yet...... after all that you ask me why to steer clear of her?" Roopak patted his younger brother's shoulder. "I don't want you hurt and now that Devika means so much to you I don't want her hurt either, that's all!" 

"Goodnight!"

~~~

   BLOOMING LOVE

"Awake still?" The precedent foreboding thoughts that his elder brother instigated and forced upon his shoulders, slipped away as his eyes caught the erotic sight of his sensual woman lying in the centre of his lavish bedstead on her abdomen.

He smirked entering into his bed chamber, shutting close the door behind him in a haste.
But beyond that facade of smug confidence lay a bunch of nerves, his heart fluttering in his rib cage about to explode. 'God!' He sighed trying to quell those very nerves.
There had been about a dozen of women on that bed before, hadn't there? Yet and still, this nightfall was going to be a significantly memorable one. He knew.

"Devika?" He called out to her with a pleasant smile as he unbuttoned his over-coat.
"Humm..." she replied focusing on the patterns of the pillowcase as if it were to be more fascinating than him.
"Look at me..." He called softly throwing the coat away on the dressing chair but she did not budge which got him vying for her attention.