Chapter One

My version of the season two premiere. Let me know whether you like it or not. It starts with Andy and Maya looking for Jack.

Enjoy:)

***
They were slowly making their way in the room. It was a mess. But they had to find him. Their friend was probably buried under a fallen shelf or something.

"Jack!" Andy yelled again. She knew he was there. He had to be. When she lost contact with him, he was on this god damn floor.

"If he's here, we'll find him, Andy," Maya told her friend as she looked under another piece of furniture that was on the ground. There was smoke everywhere, they couldn't see anything.

But suddenly, Andy noticed something. She looked closer.

"Got him!" He was lying on the ground under a fallen table.

"Give me a hand." They both put their hands under the table. "On three. One, two, three."

"Jack!" Andy kneeled beside him. He had blood on his head. She put two fingers on his neck. "He's got a pulse. Give me a mask." She put it on his face.

"Breathe. Please. Wake up. Come on, Jack, open your eyes," se mumled. Maya stood behind her, holding her breath. Jack could be a pain in the ass but he was still her friend and colleague.

Jack's eyes slowly opened. He looked around. And then his eyes landed on Andy. She had tears in her eyes.

"I told you to go," he said quietly.

"When do I ever listen to you?" she smiled. "How's your head?"

"Not so good. But I really want to get out of here," he said while he sat up slowly. His breathing was heavy but considering the smoke inhalation, Andy wouldn't expect anything else.

"Don't do this to me, Gibson," Maya said, helping him to stand up.

"Promise," he answered, giving her a weak smile.

***
They were on the stairs on their way back when Jack suddenly stopped.

"Sorry," he whispered. "Need to... catch a breath." His breathing had gotten worse. Both Andy and Maya knew that. But there was nothing they could do. Only to get him to an aid car as soon as possible.

"We're almost there," Maia told Jack, putting her hand on his back. "You good to go?"

"Yeah. I'm good. Just a lot of smoke."

***

They finally got out of there. Chief Ripley saw them and imidiately came to the firefighters.

"I told you to come back here, Herrera."

"I know I-"

"You disobeyed a direct order."

"To save my friend." In that moment, Gibson fell on his knees, his right hand on his abdomen, his left arm was on the ground, trying to find balance.

"We need help, now!" Andy yelled. Then she kneeled next to Jack. "Hold on."

"Getting harder to... breathe," he whispered. He looked so pale and weak.

Two paramedic came to them, they put a backboard on the ground and told Jack to lie down on it. They took off his gear and cut the t-shirt under it.

"Collapsed lung and I'm afraid there's an internal bleeding. We got to go, now," said young male paramedic. They put him on the stretcher and rushed to the aid car.

***

"Jack, stay with me. Focus on my voice," Andy kept talking to him in the aid car. She was holding his hand while the man was doing the best to save him. There wasn't much he could do. 

Jack had to fight to stay awake. His head was pounding, it was getting harder to breathe every second and his abdomed felt like somebody had punched him. He tried to focus on Andy, he could feel her hand on his. But he was so tired.

"No, no, no, Jack! Wake up!" Andy yelled. 

"Liza, what's our status?" the young paramedic asked his partner who was behind the wheel.

"One minute," she answered, knowing every second counted.

"He's out, damn it," he said and took a look at his vitals. Not good.

"We're almost there Jack, hang on," Andy whispered.