xiv

previously...

“Yes.” I look behind me again. “And I think this marks the end of whatever ‘this’ is because I don’t want those pictures making it look like we’re getting back together or whatever.”

“Why do you care so much?” He asks me, instead of arrogance, he’s flipped suddenly to concern and interest.

“Because I don’t want them spreading lies about something that’s not true.” I reply. Every extra second I spent here, is just another picture to make this look like something that it’s not.

“Not about that, why do you care so much about what they think? They don’t rule over you.”

“Sometimes they do.” I reply, my voice only above a whisper. “And sometimes they hurt people with their stories, so before we get too much attention from the media, I’m going to go.”

“Call me.” He requests as I leave, just loud enough for the paparazzi to hear.

Dick.  

xiv:

By the weekend, pictures of me and Riley began circulating in small parts of newspapers and gossip channels. Of course, I hadn’t released another sex tape so the attention I was getting was only miniscule, nothing like what I was used to. Which was both a blessing and a curse. Was I ever going to get attention like I’ve experienced before again, would my music ever make an impact like my tape had? But, there was also the other part of my brain which was telling me that the lack of attention was a good thing: it meant that I wasn't going to greet paparazzi outside of my door wanting a statement everytime I felt like going outside. 

And I was going outside. By the time I saw my picture in the newspaper for the first time, I had already rang three separate managing agencies. They weren't too big, nothing like the old agency I had working for me earlier in the year. I'd decided to start small, and I was still waiting for offers to be given back to me. Once I had an agent I could start talking to record labels, recording new songs. I know I'll make it once I have all of that sorted out. 

Life finally seemed to have a clearer picture. That picture was the scene I saw as I paraglided back down to earth. The mountains which I used to push myself up into the air, with no idea when I'd touch the ground again. White clouds blocking only part of the way down, but I could still see it all there for me. Green grass, trees, beaches and water. So much water with an endless capacity. That was my life, green, white and blue- a blue as blue as Niall's eyes- and the slow descend back to earth, back to where I belong. 

From: Abigail 

1 attachment 

Want to explain to me why you've been seen with this tool again?

I bite my lip at the text, looking at the picture that she'd screenshotted from a local tabloid website who had written about my 'reconciliation' with my ex-boyfriend. 

With some curiosity, I googled the tabloid and went onto their website, easily finding their article about me:

It's been some time since we've seen Marty Alexander (19) around the streets of London, since that scandal happened. But we were shocked to say the least when pictures of Marty in a coffee shop turned up as if she did this every day (truth be told, she's become quite anti-social). 

Yet Ms. Alexander wasn't alone. Seen sipping on coffee with the hopeful singer was her ex-beau, made famous by the blunder of Marty's where her starring in her home movies wasn't her current boyfriend at the time. RIley Wickham (also 19) had been Marty's boyfriend for over a year before the unamicaible split that came unspurpirisngly after Marty's sex tape scandal.