Chapter 20: I find out the truth

Dimitri point of view

I raced to the hospital not caring if I got a ticket . I picked up Roza and ran in the hospital.

" Somebody help me " I screamed .

They looked my way and took her right away. I followed them until they stopped me.

I took my phone out and dialed Lisa's number as I wiped the tears away. She picked up on the second ring.

" Queen Dragomir speaking" she said.

I took a deep breath " Lissa it's me Dimitri , Rose is in the hospital" I said.

I waited for her to answer it took her like five seconds.

" Dimitri what happen?"she asked me.

After I explained it to her and told her the hospitals name she said she was going to be here. After that I filled the papers out. They only wanted Roza's name so I wrote Rosemarie Hathaway Belikov.

I sat on the chair with my hands on my head.

" Nothing can happen to both of them , I won't forgive myself" I thought to myself.

Roses screams repeated in my head over and over. The images if agony kept repeating themselves in my mind. I didn't understand what was wrong. She was healthy and following the doctor's orders. I had made sure she was eating and taking care of herself.

I tried asking the nurses but no one had an answer. I paced around the waiting room, as Lisa ran in and hugged me. Her first question, was how rose was doing? I told her I had no idea what was going on. After what felt like an eternity to Lissa and me the doctor finally came. I rose from my seat and looked at her.

" how's my wife?" I asked her.

She looked at me " from the test that we took we came with the conclusion that Mrs.Belikov has preeclampsia"she said.

The doctor took her time explaining what this rare disease was. It was something I had never heard of which could have terrible consequences. Some problems could be brain and lung failure, which could terrible problems for her but the baby as well.

The entire time the doctor spoke, Lissa remained quiet. When the doctor left us, I asked Lisa if she knew anything about this. She only nodded confirming my question. I didn't if to be angry at her for not telling.

"I had the right to know Lisa, I yelled at her.

" You should have told me, the minute you found out about this! " I yelled again to her.

" listen to me, rose begged me not to tell, she didn't want you to worry. She taught she could handle on her own and never expected it to get out of hand. I asked her to tell you but she didn't want to ruin the happiness by replacing it with sadness" she said to me.

"You need to calm down because soon you'll be able to see her and you need to be strong" she said in her queenly voice.

" We all need to be strong for her. I'm sorry I didn't tell you but it just felt like with something she needed to tell you" she said with almost tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Lisa , I'm so sorry" I repeated as I cried into her arms.

She hugged me until the doctor came again.

I looked at her " can I see my wife ?" I asked her.

She looked at me " right now she is under severe sedation to avoid from feeling the headaches, but you can know come see her. Which one of you wants to see her first?" she asked .

I thought Lissa would jump in and ask to see her first, but she nodded as if telling me she could wait until I saw her.

" I will " I said as I followed the doctor to roza's room.

To be continued.........