Motorbike accident (Dec)

This one is based on the 5th episode from Saturday Night Takeaway from the 5th season where Dec gets injured due to a wrong landing with the motorbike. I changed a couple of things, like, I didn't make Ant sit in that little container box room thing (those who've seen it know what I mean.) So I made him see the accident happen. And a couple of other things, you'll find out. Enjoy reading. Also, English isn't my native language, so I apologise for any mistakes, feel free to correct when you find some ;)

"So, Dec. Ready for it pal?" Ant asked.

"I don't know, jumping through a ring of fire on a motorbike... I'm nervous. My tongue is sticking at the roof of my mouth." Dec said nervously.

Ant patted his best friend on the back.

"It'll be allright pal. It'll be all right. You did great during the training." Ant assured.

It was time for Dec to get started, so Ant moved to the side to watch his best pal jump. Dec climbed on the motorbike, which he found rather large. Ant of course, had teased Dec telling him he was just too small.

The team where they were working with that day, lit up the ring where Dec had to jump through. Dec could feel the heat through the suit he was wearing and it didn't really help with the nerves. He breathed in and out and started the motorbike. He started driving towards the ring of fire. He went faster and faster and jumped through. But then, it went wrong. He came down nose first and made a nasty fall. It became clear immediately that Dec had hurt himself. Medics and Ant came rushing to his side and kneeled down beside him.

"Gods pal, are you all right?" Ant asked worriedly.

Dec winced. His left arm was hurting and his right thumb didn't feel that good either.

"Ow...." Dec winced.

"What's hurting Dec?" Ant asked.

"My left arm and my right thumb..." Dec said softly, making a painful face.

The medic had taken Dec's helmet off and checked out Dec's arm and made him move it, but every time he moved it, Dec winced and squeezed his eyes shut. It hurt Ant to see his best friend in pain. He almost started crying, but could keep it inside. He didn't want anyone to see.

"Well, he's in a lot of pain, so I think it's best that we take him to the hospital to get x-rays. And Ant, we'll cancel your jump before you get injured as well." The medic said.

Ant nodded. Then they put Dec in the ambulance and Ant got in the back with Dec.

"It'll be okay pal, it will." Ant whispered to Dec.

"I'm hurting. I'm starting to get a bit of a headache as well." Dec said.

"Aw, you really made a nasty fal Decs, I swear, I thought you died at first. I was so scared." Ant told Dec.

"Well, I'm sorry I've scared you." Dec said sadly.

"Hey, hey, don't apologise, let's just make sure you're all right yeah?" Ant said as the ambulance had stopped and the doors were being opened.

Dec nodded. They brought Dec to a special room to take some x-rays and they also wanted to take a scan of his head, just to make sure everything was all right. Ant wasn't allowed into that room, so he had to wait outside. After waiting for almost an hour, Dec and the doctor came walking into the waiting room. Dec's arm was in a sling and he had a special brace for his thumb.

"Oh lad..." Ant said when he saw Dec and how messed up he was.

"Dec has broken his elbow and thumb. He has a mild concussion as well, so I advise he takes rest for the next couple of days." The doctor explained.

"But, whe have a show to do on saturday. The show must go on." Dec said.

"Well, that's up to you. But it's important to listen to your body. If the headache is still present on saturday or you're in too much pain, I advise you not to do the show. Now go home and take some rest." The doctor said.

"All right." Dec said. But he would do the show anyway. An injury was not going to hold him back.

"Come on pal, let's get you home." Ant said.

"How? We left the car..." Dec said

"You're right. Well, let's take a taxi. I'll pick up the car tomorrow." Ant said.

"Okay." Dec replied.

Ant had called for a taxi. They still had to wait for fifteen minutes so they sat themselves down on the little chairs in front of the hospital doors. Dec put his head on Ant's shoulder and squeezed his eyes shut. Ant put a supportive hand on his best friend's back.

"You all right lad?" Ant asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay. It just hurts a lot." Dec said.

"I can tell. I've never seen you like this before. Didn't they give you something for the pain?" Ant asked, continueing to rub his friend's back.

"They did. But it doesn't seem to do a lot. It only seems to make me sleepy." Dec said.

"Well, taxi is almost here. When we get home you can sleep. Gonna wake you up after two hours though. You have a concussion, so I have to check on you." Ant said.

"Yeah. The doctor told me that as well after the scan." Dec replied.

Then the taxi arrived and they got in. Not much later they were home. Ant had paid for the taxi and helped Dec inside.

"Come on pal, let's lay down on the sofa, all right?" Ant proposed.

Dec nodded.

"Okay, sit down. I'm running upstairs first so I can get your duvet and your pillow." Ant said.

Dec sat down while Ant ran upstairs. A little bit later he came back. He put the pillow on the sofa and carefully made Dec lay down. Dec winced at the movement.

"Aw, sorry Decs, didn't mean to hurt you." Ant said.

"It's all right, it was just the movement." Dec explained.

"All right pal. Got an extra pillow here for your arm yeah." Ant said.

"Thanks Ant." Dec replied and carefully made his arm rest on the pillow. Ant covered Dec with the Duvet.

"You're welcome buddy. Now rest. You need it." Ant said.

"Yeah. But I'm still doing the show saturday." Dec said.

"We'll see about that Dec. If you're still hurting like this, there's no way you're doing it." Ant said.

"I'm doing it anyway Ant, I don't want to let anyone down." Dec said.

"You're not letting anyone down Decs. You're hurt. They'll understand. I think your health is more important than a show." Ant said.

"Ant, I'm fine. It's just a bit of pain." Dec replied.

"Then why are you looking as white as a sheet now?" Ant asked worriedly.

"To be fair and honest... I'm a bit nauseous actually." Dec said.

"That's the concussion probably. I'll grab a bowl in case you need it." Ant said, grabbing a bowl and putting it down next to his best friend.

And that seemed to be right in time. Dec sat up, as fast as he could and started gagging. Ant quickly grabbed the bowl and held it in front of Dec. It didn't take long for Dec before he actually threw up. After a couple of minutes, Dec's stomach had calmed down again.

"Poor Decs." Ant said.

Dec carefully layed himself down again and closed his eyes. He felt so exhausted that he almost fell asleep immediately.

Ant giggled when he heard soft snores coming from Dec, but he was happy his best friend was able to sleep after such an eventfull and painful day.

Two hours later, Ant checked on Dec, luckily everything was fine.

Dec actually managed to do the show on saturday, but Ant checked on him regularry. A couple of weeks later, Dec was all better again. Thanks to the care and support of his best friend.